cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q1_Knowledge and Experience Management_High-tech Industry PLM Implementation Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are implementing SAP PLM for a high-tech company which designs and manufactures mobile phones (ODM). Since we are new in PLM consulting and we are facing with some implementation difficulties, we are looking for some solutions here.

Question 1: Knowledge and Experience Management.

Customer Requirements

1. Problem Warehouse
    • Record problems occured during developing projects at more than two dimensionalities, such as projects and departments, thus makes it easy to be traced at different points of view.
    • Trace the status of the problems( To be solved, Solving or Solved).

2. Experience Warehouse
    • After problems being solvedthey want to identify and classify the problems. For problems that are  general or representative, save them to Experience Warehouse.
    • Put these experience under the checklist of projects as reference.

Best Regards

Yemi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Yemi,

you would typically use (quality) notifications for that.

I saw you are posting quite a few questions. I ma responsible for SAP PLM for High Tech within SAP, so I will respond to those already posted. But please get in touch with me via direct message, so that I can support you best.

Thanks, Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My customer means to build a Knowledge Warehouse to collect any problems, not only quality problems but also all the problems could occur within different departments.

Regards, Yemi

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

notifications can be used for all sorts of purposes. You can customize your own notification types.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_07/helpdata/en/32/293d381f138268e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Regards, Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Ulf

We have received your e-mail and we really appreciate of that. My project team is dealing with it. Here, I want to find out the technical information from SAP and other experts.

The notifications you mentioned above, could you share some demos or presentations of that?

Regards,Ulf.

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

no I haven't any handy.

Try this link to have an idea, this is actually an even more advanced functionality available with the SAP Quality Issue Management application (and license):

http://demo.tdc.sap.com/speeddemo/100430/

Regards, Ulf.