cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaing Export Products for Legal Regulation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 Legal Regulations defined in my system. While doing the configuration for the other legal regulation, I move onto the step of Maintaining Products for that Legal Regulation.

When in change mode, I see that a particular product is already assigned to Legal Regulation and Numbering Scheme. But Now I want to change this combination.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Screenshot attached:

Regards,

Madhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Just to clarify the problem once again: I want to maintain the product for other Legal Regulation,but issue is i am not getting the option to select the other Legal Regulation in any of the fields (while entering the "Maintain Products" field also, I dont have an option of other Legal Regulation and When I double click on Legal Regulation in left hand pane, I don't get another option.

Screenshot attached:

Please let me know if I am missing any configuration or anything else needs to be done.

TIA

Regards,

Madhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

Have you created any other Compliance relevant legal regulations and activated it?

You should also have  the relevant numbering schemes assigned.

Thanks

Dhilipan

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

As Dhilipan mentions, it's important to assign the Numbering Scheme to every Legal Regulation for which you want to classify the Product.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

I agree with Dhilipan and now there are  two possibilities for your case:-

• Either you have not created any other legal regulation for this case and activated it

• Or you haven't assigned any Numbering scheme to that yet.

But by having a look at your screenshots, first of the above two possibilities looks very strong. Hence, request you check and cofirm on whether a legal regulation exists and is activated.

Regards,

Aman

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

I'm not sure that your question is clear.

Your screen-shot shows that your Product is classified with Export code 3B2460 for that Legal Regulation.  If you want it to be classified with a different Export code, then simply change the Export code on that screen.

If you want to maintain the Product for the other Legal Regulation, then you need to select (double-click) that Regulation in the left-hand pane.

If you are asking something else, then please clarify.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

Yes it is possible. Just enter the ECCN# if you know it by heart. If not, just click on the search button that you see next to ECCN field to locate the new ECCN#. As soon as the new ECCN is entered, system will adopt that for your product.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

This combination can be easily changed in the SAP GTS Customizing area (SPRO) but then you have to classify your product again for the latest classification under the new Numbering schme and Legal Regulation. Hence, the existing Product classification for a legal Regulation and Numbering Scheme combination will become null and void, if the concerned configuration is changed and you need to do it again for the latest combination.

I hope that this is what you asked for. Incase of any further queries, please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Aman