Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIA node and login error

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there

Just wanted to solve one issue which seems abit weird to me. We have one server with SAP BO 4.0 Sp09 on it, with single node - the default one. Then I need to create another node for testing purposes, but it fails all the time with the text

Logging into SAPBISER as user Administrator with secEnterprise authentication... Sleeping for 5 second(s).

here are the steps:

1. I shutdown the default node, checking for SAP BI leftovers

2. Create new SIA by adding different port for SIA, CMS and different Cluster key, pointing to new DV schema

3. Tables are being created in DB , but log file is full of "Logging into SAPBISER as user Administrator with secEnterprise authentication...

Sleeping for 5 second(s)."

Am I doing smth wrong? Besides, I was able to replicate this with 4.0 only, in 4.1 everything works great and second node was created and added successfully.

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Try creating the SIA with default ports and change the ports to preferred once the SIA is created, ensure the existing SIA and CMS is stopped - check task manager for running processes!

The issue is related to the temp CMS starting with default port even if you specify otherwise during configuration of the new SIA.

Let me know if the above works.

~Valdrin

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds reasonable actually, have not tried this. Will try to my luck witht this next week, more updates to come...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope you have tried this, if not create the new SIA with the CMS pointing to existing CMS Db with same clusterkey information. Once you find that the new SIA is stable, point the CMS of new SIA to DEV schema.

You can then change the clusterkey information of the new SIA by foillowing the steps mentioned in 1613058 - How to change or reset Cluster key in a SAP BI4.0

Good Luck!!

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In 4.1 this works fine, i guess, but in 4.0 does not. I cannot separate these 2 cms then.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean to say the steps provided earlier had also been performed by you?

I dont know whether we have an issue here with product behavior for BI4.0 SP09. It might be a bug, but I was curious to know whether the workaround suggested had been implemented or not.