cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAW16 to xsd:base64Binary - Manual Overide in PI Mapping ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I am relatively new to PI, we have imported an RFC FM in PI and done the mapping ...

One of the fields in FM - has data type - RAW16  after importing in PI it is converted to xsd:base64Binary

Following are my questions

1. Can we manually override one of the fields in PI , like for e.g. after importing in PI from RFC FM can we convert data type xsd:base64Binary to XSDString?

2. I need the field as string in PI, what could be the alternate solution to this problem, In SAP they cannot convert the field/data Type(RAW16) to String?

Note: The FM has about 100+ fields so we cant do manual mapping in PI

Thanks in anticipation!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We can not change the type for a function module in SAP PI. The ESR designer will not allow to

change it manually.

You have to change the type in function module and then re-import the same FM in PI.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try exporting the FM as WSDL. Edit it and then use a simple find/replace for xsd:base64Binary to xsd:string, save and import as external definition. Use this ED only in message mapping.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indrajit Sarkar - Thank you for the reply, but this is not a feasible solution, this field is used in multiple places in SAP and it cannot be replaced.

any other solution ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh

You can write an UDF in PI to read the base64 data and save it as string.

Decode Base64 | Examples Java Code Geeks

Pranil1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

As Indrajit mentioned you can write an UDF in PI.

Also check below thread.

Regards,

Pranil.