Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Stock Movement

khurram_barakzai
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

The scenario is as follows

Material WM Views are Extended using MM01. Material is only extended on to storage type S01.

Now if i transfer the stock from Storage Bin BIN1 of Storage Type S01 to BIN1 of Storage Type S02 the system is allowing me to do so.

Since I have not extended the material views on Storage Type S02, technically, the stock transfer should not be allowed.

Please advise as to how this issue can be addressed.

Thank you.

Barakzai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Khurram,

Extending the material for storage type is more relevent for the fixed bin putaway strategy,Large / small picking strategy or replenishment process.

in your case you are doing bin to bin transfer as long as material is extended for the warehouse it is okey (storage type extension related data from material master are not required for bin to bin transfer)

Once you extend the material for the storage type level the storage bin stock related block appears where u r supposed to provide the fixed bin , Min, Max and Control qty which are helpful during replenishment process

Hope my answer is in line with your question.

khurram_barakzai
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Manish,

Thank you for your input.

I understand the point you made, However, it is the requirement of the business process that any such movements should be blocked.

Meaning, if a material belongs to Storage Type S01, it could not and should not be moved to S02 storage type.

How to impose this Block???

Regards,

Barakzai

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Before answering this question i need to know whether r u using the SAP standard Transaction code to move the stock from one to another bin or custom Transaction

khurram_barakzai
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes. I am using T-Code LT01.

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To make your putaway strategy not search for S02, it should be excluded from the search sequence, but I'm guessing you might have already done that.

As for the LT01, there is no automation here, you are manually transferring stock from bin to bin, S01 to S02. So it means that you specify destination storage type and bin manually.
In this case limiting search strategy doesn't help. What you need to do, is deny putaway by storage section search, or storage unit type/bin type combination.
If your material A has storage section indicator "001", you will need to deny 001 of any search sequence in storage type S02.
For example, you will find records in this config step:
WRH - S01 - SEC - 001, 002 (in storage type S01, material that has SEC indicator will go to 001 then 002)
WRH - S02 - SEC - You don't need this line, you don't want to putaway your material in any section in S02

Otherwise, you can limit this by storage unit type / storage bin type search tables.
You will simply deny access to some storage unit types to some bin types / storage types.

There is always a possibility to write ABAP code to make it work if you don't have any other means in standard SAP (e.g. you need to have those bin section search records for other purposes, materials or anything else, and you can't mess around with bin types, SUTs etc.).

But it would be recommended to complete the requirement by standard config since here are a lot of options to make this work as you wish.

khurram_barakzai
Participant
0 Kudos

Mihailo,

In my scenario, I have only single storage section defined that will be used in all the storage types. Storage type search has been configured and the search sequence is defined. since the storage type search will be done on a linear basis, I have to assign the sequence as S01, S02 and so on.

I have experimented with the configuration and have found no suitable solution. the system is allowing the movement of the material on to storage types in the warehouse where the material is not extended. this is causing a problem in the controls we intend to establish for material movement.

Please advise if the use of authorization matrix be implied in this case. for example, if there is a user who is assigned the storage type S01 and is attempting to move the material to S02.

In my opinion it should work.

khurram_barakzai
Participant
0 Kudos

after detailed working and the behavior of the system, we have observed that the extension of material is not mandatory at storage type level.

this observation came in light of the standard system behavior regarding the interim storage types.

we do not extend the material onto the interim storage types. Yet, the system auto extends and manages the material onto the these bins.

Answers (0)