cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover deleted projects in CJ20N (PROJ table)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

User claimed that project is deleted from system without their knowledge. How can I recover the deleted project or at least get some information such as who deleted it etc.

Thanks and regards.

Dale.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Project is still in planning mode, using existing templates inclusive of WBSs, networks and activities as well as material and stuff. Project manager might have changed a lot of information and quite reluctant to re-create it back.

By the way, PR is not generated and project not budgeted. A scenario whereby John Doe A is deleting Mr. B's project. I am trying to find the John Doe who has deleted the project.

Thanks for the collective thoughts.

Dale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I know in PS, you can't able to track the user if project have been deleted completely. You have to take help of Basis Team. They can able to track if User Trace is on in your system.

One thing can be done: Basis can trace the user with reference to Object C_PROJ_TCD. The Project deletion authorization controlled by this object. Like who have executed this object.

Check if it works & reply

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can restrict the user deletion of WBS elements or projects by introducing the user status.

Create status profile and assign the authorization objects. Then assign this role to users so that no one can delete either WBS or projects.

Discuss with your security team for setting up role  and authorization objects to be build into the role.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can't track/find the projects which are completely deleted. As also there is no doc number generated of this.

The Projects with deletion indicator set only, can be traceable. In PROJ Table check the field LOEVM='X' should be set against Project which is mark for deletion.

Regards

Shishir

former_member189209
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we can't able to trace already deleted Projects in CJ20N -

Please give clarity on this - if Project Budgeted , or generated any PR - PO -& release status - then system will not allow to Delete any project

system will allow only possible without any data in projects - then only system will allow to delete -

and without any data projects why we need to trace in Table level

Thanking you

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think we can recover data which has been deleted from data base. in CJ20N we have one check box 'Display Deleted Objects'. but this is only for WBS, NW, NWA, NWAE, Materials etc not for complete project.

Process should be to set deletion indicator and then archive the project - so that that data is available at a later stage for any verification. I am you are following this process and this is on of the case.

thanks