cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing different barcode types..!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a requirement to print barcode of materials, the barcode type varies depends on the length of material No.

How this can be acheived in Adobe form ?

I am looking to control the visibility of the barcode through some conditions.

Also how I can loop through a internal table to print the barcode, which should each one in a separate page.

Thanks

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Your solution with multiple barcodes and visibility is also a solution for this. The secound way by florian can be also usefull.

Could you get us more Informations about the requirements?

Technical you have multiple options with adobe forms. The correct solution depends on your requirement.

Regards,

Jeremia Girke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremia,

I have requirement to print material details in barcode.. the type of barcode should be printed depends on the type of material and its length. which is stored in internal table and passed to the adobe form. inside the adobe form depends on the material length I need to dynamically assign barcode type.

Cheers

Sam

0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I want to understand it correctly.

Do you have different barcode types, like 2of9, ean128 and so on or do you have

different Values for one barcode-type. So maybe a ean128 with sometimes 4-40 Characters?

If you have multiple types, wich one are used in your case?

The ALD has a lot barcodes inside, so we have to limit the range of your businesscase.

Regards,

Jeremia Girke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremia,

Its different barcode types.

Since Adobeform barcode type are fixed while declaring it, I am wondering how the various type of barcode can be printed using the same barcode variable. Length not always decides the barcode type but need to print the different type of barcode on the same barcode variable.

Thanks

Sam

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

why just not add a field to the structure and you set a character in which barcode you want:

For example:

A = EAN128

B = 2of5

C = EU-EAN

and so on.

With this technique you can pass always the correct barcode and you just have to create a case in your form.

This will make the debugging as easy as it could be.

Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian.. Thanks for your reply.

How to create a case.. is it like content area..?

if I get the barcode in terms of character code.. I can feed them in the case properties..?

I also need to print one barcode per page by looping through internal table.

How this can be done..?

Thanks

Sam

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is a javascript-statement. IF you aren't familiar with javascript it is hard to develop a adobe-form at all.

My first case would be to make yourself familiar with the concept of Adobe-forms. You can work thorugh the getting started content provided by SAP and Adboe. There you will get a lot of basic experience on that tool itself and formclac/javascript.

Anyway, here is the JAvascript-example for the case you need to complete the solution:

switch(this.yourfield_barcodetype.value)

{

case "A":

execute code block 1

case "B":

execute code block 2

default:

code to be executed if n is different from case 1 and 2

}

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florain,

I am not new to Adobe form. I worked on it before.

I have no difficulty javascript/formcalc either.

When you declare a barcode field type in adobe form, the barcode type is static to that field, looks like you can't even change them dynamically.

My question is.. is there a way around to print list of barcodes from an internal table using single barcode field but various barcode type.

Not sure case statement helps that purpose..!

Thanks

Sam