cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using EM to monitor sales quotations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am fairly new to EM, my background is largely SD and CRM.

My customer is interested in monitoring sales quotations to insure that sales orders are generated from all quotation lines within a given timeframe (date would be stored on the quotation header). They currently use EM to monitor sales orders, deliveries and shipments so in effect they want to add quotations to the beginning of the process being monitored. Quotations are not delivered as a standard business process type (BPT) in SAP. Is it still possbile to set up EM to monitor sales quotations? I assume a developer would have to create all objects that SAP would normally deliver when delivering an object for monitoring.

The customer is using EM 7.0

Any tips and help welcome. Thanks.....Al Galvez

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Al,

I have actually implemented this very scenario at several clients of mine. In fact, 2 of them, Insight Enterprises and HD Supply, both spoke on this process at ASUG and the SAP Insider SCM conferences before.

The quote object is actually part of the ESC_SORDER BPT. If you break-point in BAdI implementation /SAPTRX/SD_SALESORD -> Method SAVE_DOCUMENT you will see that it stops. All you need is a relevance function that checks XVBAK-AUART = 'QT' or whatever order type you use for quotes.

So to summarize, you want an EH to track the Quote capturing an expected event for when you expect the quote to be converted to an order. If it doesn't happen at that time then configure an alert to be triggered. If it is converted then add the sales order number to the quote EH so that you can link to the Sales Order visibility EM report from the Quote visibility EM report. Likewise, capture the quote number to link to the Quote Visibility Report from the Sales Order EH. That way you have great forward and backward navigation from the EM web UI.

Good luck

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Many thanks for your help - your summary of the desired process is correct.

I was hoping that, given sales orders and sales quotations both share the VBAK and VBAP tables that it would be a matter of specifying the transaction type but wasnt sure if the underlying core doc type (sales order vs quotation) made a difference with respect to EM.

I'm sure I'll have some more questions for you as I go - again. appreciate the help.

Al

Answers (0)