Did you mean: 

SBO Mailer Setting

ivan_leonardo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hei,

I am trying to setting my SBO Mailer or SAP B1 for Hana from

https://z.z.z.z:40000/ControlCenter/

I have setting all the SMTP details, test connection and testing is success, BUT the Database list below the SMTP setting is EMPTY i can't choose my Dbase.

I also try open Service Manager, but no SBO mailer option from the list just Workflow and SBO DI Server

Did I miss something here ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

SBO Mailer on HANA are not available in the service manager on Windows.

please check the System Landscape Directory contro center, go to Servers and Companies tab, and check if your server is registered/displayed.

ivan_leonardo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hei SanXu, I've try setting from ControlCenter but database server list is empty as in red arrow. Test Connection result successful. FYI I am not using Ms.Exchange for mail server. but Mdaemon, is it matter ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

The Database Instance list is by default blank, you have to click the arrow to display the list.

The list itself has nothing to do with your SMTP settings actually. If the dropdown list really doesn't list anything, I suggest you go to the SLD control center- not go to the Services tab from where you access this Mailer page, but go to the Servers and Companies tab to check if your server is properly registered.

SBO Mailer:

SLD control center:

San

Added screenshots: San Xu

ivan_leonardo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi San Xu,

here is my SLD screenshot, i think it's fine BUT why my SBO Mailer status is ERROR although the test connection result success as shown on my screenshot above.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

So first, you can indeed see the dropdown list in the mailer page right?

2nd, the ERROR status is the default status. You must click the Start button to connect to your SMTP server. After connection, the status becomes RUNNING. Test Connection button is just for testing purposes.

A note though, you may need to refresh the web page to have the status display correctly.

after selecting your company, dont't forget to click the Save button.

Screenshot added:

San

ivan_leonardo
Participant
0 Kudos

I have Click start, save and refresh the page but nothing change still error.

And my database server section still blank nothing to select.

Dabase name only displayed on server and companies tab.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

I've tested on my machine and everything went fine. Please check my steps:

ivan_leonardo
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks San Xu for your effort,

I've try using smtp gmail and my company domain, follow your step, both got test result OK but status still Error and Database Server still empty.

I think there is something wrong with my Mailer Service

Thanks

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I check it through team viewer? If yes, please send ID and password.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

ivan_leonardo
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry Naga can't give team viewer access. I'll ask my consultant for solution, so Case Closed.

Thanks all for the info.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No problem.

Please close this thread by marking helpful answers.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

An update: my step 2 and step 4 should be switched; that is, first define SMTP settings and select company databases, lastly start the Mailer service.

Otherwise, changes of database selection cannot be saved. - I didn't notice this.

Best,

San

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please close this thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

I have set up my SBO mailer and everything is successful on SAP B1 for Hana. However the email notifications still do not get sent to the external email. Can you kindly assist me.

Thanks

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please advise SAP version and PL.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

ivan_leonardo
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP B1 9.0 PL4 FOR HANA 6.7

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
ivan_leonardo
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, the problem is I can not find  SBO Mailer on the service dropdown list. only Workflow and SBO DI Server

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure SAP business one message service started automatically in service (page 13).

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan