cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in creating first Web DynPro object on 7.4 Trial. Access Key Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have an NetWeaver 7.40  instance (release 7.9.08.005) running on the aws. I have successfully converted the system from initial state to DEMOACCESS.

However, I cannot create a new Web DynPro object. The dialog asks for the access key. I have already installed the NPL license earlier.

I went through the steps to find what the user DEVELOPER's access key was by looking at the DB table. When I put that access key in this dialog, it says it is invalid.

Is Web DynPro development available as part of the trial instance?

Thanks,

Allan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to login with the user that is registred as a developer in table DEVACCESS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick reply. I was indeed logged in as the DEVELOPER user. That was not it.

I found the answer... the test component was named incorrectly. I tried to start with 'MyComponent' and that seems to be a reserved namespace. I used 'ZMyComponent' and all was fine. I even went through the tutorial below successfully.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/e6/2c4b29dc87c6409d6469ec390e8f3d/content.htm?frameset...

Maybe I need the basic info on what object namespace is allowed for this trial release if anyone knows? I vaguely remember seeing something about that when I saw the license page a while back.

Until next time! Thanks.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Allan,

Ya...

you can only create custom object with names starting either with Z* OR Y*.Otherwise system assumes that you are creating standard object hence, it asks for access key.

Regards,

Rama

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187651
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Allan,

It seems that you are creating your Webdynpro Component with name "MYCOMPONENT", which is not allowed.

Always create you custom component with name starting with Z or Y. Eg: zmycomponent

Regards,

Chandan