cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW CE - User password problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need some help in way to understand how can I log in again in SAP NetWeaver Administrator because I logged in with Administrator user I went to user administration area and I pressed the button for generate a new password for Administrator user and it not gave me any more information except only that the user password was generated! After that, I logged out and now I can´t log in with the Administrator user and now I believe that is already locked!

This is the link for the SAP Netweaver Administrator:

http://<hostname>:50000/nwa

Can you help me please, how can I log in now in the system with the Administrator user? I don´t have any other user!

Any tips?

Kind regards,

samid raif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Samid

You have 2 options:

1. Login with another user having Administrator privileges and reset the password of your 'Administrator' user.

2. If you do not have any other user with Administrator privileges, then activate SAP Superuser (SAP*) and reset the password of your 'Administrator user. To activate, you need to:

a. Login to configtool.

b. Navigate to Global Server Configuration -> Server -> Services -> com.sap.security.core.ume service and set properties:

- ume.superadmin.activated = true

- ume.superadmin.password = <set your desired password>

Save the changes, and restart J2EE Engine.

c. Login with SAP* user account in /nwa. Reset password of your 'Administrator' user.

d. Deactivate SAP* user in configtool.

e. Restart J2EE Engine.

f. Login using your 'Administrator' user.

I hope this helps you. If yes, please assign points.

Thanks.

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I save the changes of both parameters (ume.superadmin.activated ; ume.superadmin.password) the configtool show me the following message:

I restarted the system but I noticed that the values didn't change!

Any tips? Can you help me please?

Kind regards,

samid raif

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

Is this fresh installation, have you tried with user name "Guest" with master password to login to NWA.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kartik,

Yes... but it failed too!

Why cannot change that parameters (ume.superadmin.activated ; ume.superadmin.password) in the configtool? I don´t understand! It show me that warning (in my last message) and after I restarted the system, both parameters didn´t change! Why?!

Any tips?

Kind regards,

samid raif

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

Click the button marked in yellow (offlineconfitool)

Enable the edit mode and then followed the path cluster_config->system->custom_global->cfg->services->com.sap.security.core.ume.service->Propertysheet properties

Change the value ume.superadmin.activated = true and ume.superadmin.password = pass

Restart the java stack and logon to the system with SAP* user

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashutosh Chaturvedi,

I did exactly what you said... I clicked in the button "Switch to configuration editor mode":

I followed the path that you mentioned but I didn´t found the com.sap.security.core.ume.service as you can see in the following image:

Any tip?

Best regards,

samid raif

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

Hope you are doing good.

The property sheet is there in the offline configtool. please see page 9 of the below document:

If you are still unable to change, make sure that the configtool template is correct (try to change it).

Thank you and have a nice day :).

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Samid

You need to follow below path for editing ume properties:

Configtool -> Configuration Editor Mode -> configurations – cluster_config – system – custom_global – cfg – services – com.sap.security.core.ume.service – propertyshseet properties

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tapan,

Have you read my latest message!?

I didn´t found that path in Configuration Editor Mode!

Any tips?

Kind regards,

samid raif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Samid

com.sap.security.core.ume.service – propertyshseet properties is found towards end of services tree. Did you scan the entire tree structure under services? Please refer attached screenshot from my test

system.

Regards,

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tapan,

Yes, you´re right, I already found that option and now I can change the value of both parameters (ume.superadmin.activated and ume.superadmin.password). Now I can get acess to NWA with SAP* user. Next I will unlock the Administrator user and set a new password.

Thank you,

samid raif

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

First activate the super user SAP* using config tool. Login with that SAP* user and reset the password of J2EE_ADMIN user. Please follow this doc

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/200064b8-4bb3-2d10-3ea2-d30781d32...

regards

kartik

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

Kindly check scn link

Thanks,

Gaurav

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos