cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download file from SAP PLM or Content Server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I learned that the VEG server download the originals from content server and then started the conversion process.

In my case, I have an error below, it is strange that the IP 153.95.192.93:443 is the ip of SAP PLM server, can anyone tell me is my configuraton right?

thanks

Job 42 (Workflow 'KPRO Retrieve') report
-----------------------------

Startup Parameters
     FilesPerTask = '5 '(Integer)
     InputFilePath = '\ \ NBHXVEG02 \ DSShare \ Workspace \ JM_JOB41 \ KProRetrievalRequest.xml' (String)
     OutputFilePath = '\ \ NBHXVEG02 \ DSShare \ Workspace \ JM_JOB41 \ KProRetrievalResponse.xml' (String)

Step 'validate input'
   Completed Action 'enter a valid'

Step 'Download'
   CompletedWithWarnings Action 'can not download all the files'
     Info Message 'document retrieval tasks to be addressed: 1'
     Warning Message 'first task failed to retrieve a file (of 1): Unknown error (warning)'
       jmp_KproRetrieve (Task 39)
       Warning Message 'file' A00021876_20130819.CATProduct 'unable to download: Unable to connect to the remote server: Since the connected party did not properly respond after a period of no response or a host connection, the connection attempt fails. 153.95.192.93:443 '

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

I think this is because you may need to change the port also in the transport settings.  In soamanager can you try ping the web service, it should fail due to port change and work when you put new port in.

If these two steps do not work, please revert back the two steps and open an incident.

Kind Regards

Fergal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the last error message "Since the connected party did not properly respond after a period of no response or a host connection, the connection attempt fails. 153.95.192.93:443"

how can I change the default 443 port as I desired, such as port 8001 in VEG configuration,

the SSL port 443 or PLM server is not open, instead of 8001 open

Also, it is strange that I didn't set to require SSL during my installation of VEG server

Thanks

William

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

This will have to be done in a number of locations in IIS for your bindings for https and then in the web service configuration you will need to modify the transport settings to your new port, save it, then press the web service ping button.

let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards

Fergal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Fergal,

I understood that the transport setting was for SAP VEG server's host name and port, right?

but in the error message, the error IP 153.95.192.93:443   actually was the ip of ECC server

thanks

William

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

Can you open an incident for this, i will try and investigate the issue more and ask some colleagues to check also.  I am not sure if its because you have IIS setup to use https with port 443 or something else.  Maybe you could try changing the port in IIS on your VEG system to 8001 and try this, but this could affect your VEG, if it does can you change it back.

Anyway if this does not help, can you open an incident.

Kind Regards

Fergal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Fergal.

I changed the IIS port to XX443(XX means instance number), the https service is also started in the ECC server.

but I got below errors:

Startup Parameters
     FilesPerTask = '5 '(Integer)
     InputFilePath = '\ \ NBHXVEG02 \ DSShare \ Workspace \ JM_JOB115 \ KProRetrievalRequest.xml' (String)
     OutputFilePath = '\ \ NBHXVEG02 \ DSShare \ Workspace \ JM_JOB115 \ KProRetrievalResponse.xml' (String)

Step 'validate input'
   Completed Action 'enter a valid'

Step 'Download'
   CompletedWithWarnings Action 'can not download all the files'
     Info Message 'document retrieval tasks to be addressed: 1'
     Warning Message 'first task failed to retrieve a file (of 1): Unknown error (warning)'
       jmp_KproRetrieve (Task 122)
       Warning Message 'file' A00021876_20130819.CATProduct 'unable to download: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL / TLS secure channel. : According to the verification process, the remote certificate is invalid. '