cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill of materials sub items not coping from invoice to debit memo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

Greetings!!

We have successfully created the invoice and with this invoice reference we tried to create a Debit note, but system not coping sub items i.e, 11 and 21. Error msg is" item category(ZTSR)   for item 00011 can not be  determined and same error message for line item 21 also.

Hence request you to please help us to overcome this case. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

sree,

i think u r confused with item category and item category group. we can see in ur determination that, ZTSR u have put in place of item cat group, but u are telling that its item category. please understand clearly, check again and comeback

regards

Jobi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Copy control always takes the precedence over VOV4.

So maintain the Item category(Both main & Sub)--need to be maintained as your requirement.

Phanikumar

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

where was the higher level item category (ZBOS) in this VOV4 assignments.

also why ZDM2 in all combinations??

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

Why you maintain ZTSR in Item Cat group, What is your Item category group?

You have to create new Item category or use Std for Debit Note and assign with VOV4

Check Copy control T code VTAF- Billing Doc to Sales document and maintain the BOM sum item category in Item.

Hope It will be helpful,

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Greetings!!

Thanks for your help.

In copy control they mention source item category as ZTSR and  target item category proposal as ZDM2 & all  my item categories like (ZBOS, ZTSR,ZTSS)  this only.

And in vov4 against ZTSR we need to maintain ZBOS ( Higher level item)?  plz confirm.

Regards,

Sree

0 Kudos

hi

please check your source and destination document types properly.

and i hope there are no multiple entries for same source item category, although its not possible.

and please let us know 'copying requirements'.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what was the sub-item item category??

Have you checked the relevant item category determinations in VOV4 with the debit note document type??

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BOM main item category is ZBOS and sub item category is :ZTSR

VoV4 determination as below.

SaTyItcGrUsgH iteDif ItemMit ca
ZDRZTSR ZDM2ZDMR
ZDRZTSR ZDMRZDM2ZDMR
ZDRZTST ZDM2ZDMR
ZDRZTST ZDMRZDM2ZDMR
Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Being an old member of the forum, there is no need to stress the importance of forum rules where it has been clearly spelled out to search the forum before posting such repeated queries.  Please search here or Google it with the same text so that you will get the right direction.  In fact, the error message itself is self-explanatory if you have couple of years exposure in SD

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Greetings!!

Thanks a ton for your immediate response sir..

Am the fresher in this SAP SD, so please guide me and am not able to find in Google also.

Kindly spare few min on this case.. Thanks a ton in advance..

Regards,

Sreekanth.