cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock button not working in My Employees service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Under My Employees service, when I select an employee and clicks on the unlock button. It gives me an error saying navigation not possible.below is the screenshot for the same -

We have recently activated new business function HCM_ESS_WDA_1. How do I make it work or how do I hide that.

Thanks,

Bhushan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sally,

Then, my question is why I am able to unlock button? I am using launchpad config only. It should be visible then at all like EXIT/CANCEL/DELETE buttons.

Can I at least hide that Unlock Button.

Thanks,

Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sally,

Again Unlock from My Employees serves different functionality, you can unlock's other employees pernr.

If this doesn't work, how we can unlock other's functionality.

Thanks,

Bhushan

0 Kudos

I dont see the unlock button when launching this either in standalone mode or from the portal, do you have the role SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_WDA_1 assigned?

You can hide the unlock button via the content administration (see the KBA 1571877). But in what context would an administrator need to be unlocking the pernr, it shouldnt be locked for any usual reason?

cheers
Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

I added the Unlock application Under travel and expense in standard ESS/MENU with application alias 'Unlock'.

And my unlock functionality from My Employee service works well now.

Thanks for all you help and reply on this!

Bhushan

omakinen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

Sorry to bump an old thread but could you (or anyone else) please share some details on what needs to be configured in the LPD_CUST and ESS/MENU to get 'Unlock' button working again? We also activated the business function HCM_ESS_WDA_1 during another project.

For our Travel assistants the Unlock-button is still there but pressing it will give the Navigation not possible FITV_POWL034 error:

Diagnosis

The navigation step cannot be processed.

System Response

The current page cannot be left.

Procedure

Contact the system administration.

Procedure for System Administration

The error is caused by activating the business function HCM_ESS_WDA_1.

Check if the right portal role is assigned to the user.

Check if the launchpad customizing for the role ESS instance MENU contains the required entries for travel management .

Thanks in advance!

Br,

Ossi M

omakinen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

Ok, I got around it finally and managed to debug and fix the issue. Here's the how, if someone is interested:

First I verified that the problem was in the navigation by debugging the CL_FITV_NAVIGATION~NAVIGATE_TO_OBJECT method after pressing the "Unlock button".

There is a point in code:

* get launchpad customizing for actual application
READ TABLE lt_content ASSIGNING <fs_content>
      WITH KEY application_alias = lv_lpd_app_alias.
IF sy-subrc <> 0.

...and I could see that the "Unlock" was not found here!

To add it I did this:

1. Start tr. LPD_CUST

2. Find ESS / MENU entry and Change it

3. Add a "New application" to the menu structure. I don't think it matters much where you put it. I added it to the "Travel and Expenses" - "General information" branch:

4. Enter the application details:

• Link text: Unlock
  • Application Alias: Unlock
  • Application Type: Web Dynpro Abap
  • Namespace : sap
  • Application: FITV_UNLOCK_PERSNO

4. Save!

After this, the button worked as it should!

br,

Ossi

Answers (0)