cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension fields in forms using Adobe LiveCycle Designer and SAP Cloud Application Studio.

kamakshi_abbi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am new to using SAP Cloud Application Studio and am currently working on forms.

I have created some extension fields in the dunning letter form message type : FormDunning Notification.

Upon activating, the extension fields do show up in backend form data type structure.

However i am unable to find the fields in the front end form under Form Template Maintenance.

I have tried opening form with open editor as well as downloading template and opening in Adobe LiveCycle Designer .

After creating the data connection in adobe ,the first field (ProjNumDun ) do appear in correct place in data view.But i cant find the rest of the fields.

Any help,guidance and suggestion will be really appriciated.

Thanking in advance,

Kamakshi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Kamakshi,

First, any extension fields added must be explicitly assigned to appear on the forms. Through Front-end Adaptation, this would be via the "Further Usage" link. Within the SDK, you'd right-click the XBO and select "Enhance Forms" (which would take you to the same screen as you'd end up at in through front-end").

You must select "Add Field and Edit..." to actually assign it to the Form Template schema.

Once this step is done, re-download the Form Template, and make sure to reload the Data Connection within LiveCycle. Through there, you should see your fields. You'll likely have to dig for them - they appear at the very end of the child elements.

Note that, while fields added through the front-end have a long string appended to the end (for example, it would appear as "ExtensionField_1234AISU897234HJA" if added via front-end adaptation), the fields added via the SDK do NOT have the suffix (you'll be looking for an element with JUST the field name, i.e. "ExtensionField")

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

thanks a lot for the helpful information.

I have 2 questions related to the post.

1. I did exactly the same as you suggested. I can find the new fields (MyKPI1 and MyKPI2). However when I bind the data. Nothing shows up in the pdf.

2. In activities table, I want to have an extra column with responsible person for each activity. The information is not available yet. How can I get those information?

Many thanks for your help

Cheers

Linh

kamakshi_abbi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Dan and Thomas!

I can now see my extension field.

They needed to be added from the front end interface.

It was also required to re-establish the data connection in Adobe LiveCycleDesigner.

Regards,

Kamakshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamakshi

I have worked on this scenario before but this discussion has cleared many doubts.

I think Best way to thank above People will be by selecting the either "Helpful or Correct Answer" on their posts. It will also Mark your question as Answered and It can help many other people like me.

Regards

Asad

former_member105365
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kamakshi,

The process to extend Form Message types is as follows:

1. In PDI, enhance the form message type with the fields - save and activate solution
  2. In frontend, find the form  "dunning letter form message type" download the schema
  3. Open Adobe Livecycle Designer, load the xdp and update your data connection
  4. You should now see the fields in your binding (add field to form > binding)

Your form should now be enhanced with the fields.

Note: Any time you change the Form message type extension in PDI save activate and download the schema again, update dataconnection.

Regards,

Thomas