cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira on top of BW reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am new to SAP Lumira. I have a requirement to take some SAP BW reports to Lumira.  Now, I have some doubts as listed below-

1. As Lumira cant take BW reports directly, I believe the only solution is to create a universe and build Lumira on top of universe.  Is it right?

2. Now, will Lumira support both universe types (.unx and .unv) ? (I tried creating a .UNV universe, but Lumira was not identifying it)

Please help me guys..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

With regards to non-supported UNV universes, please refer to the latest version of SAP Lumira PAM.

UNV on SAP NW BW are not supported in SAP Lumira.

Best regards,

Antoine

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RJ RENJU,

Useful links:

Learn how to use SAP Lumira SP12 with SAP NetWeaver BW - Part 1

How you can leverage the SAP BW on SAP HANA trial to start your very own SAP BW and BI4 system.

Learn how to use SAP Lumira SP12 with SAP NetWeaver BW - Part 2

How you can create a relational Universe (UNX) based on your SAP NetWeaver BW InfoProvider.

Learn how to use SAP Lumira SP12 with SAP NetWeaver BW - Part 2

How we then can share the data with SAP BusinessObjects Explorer and SAP Lumira Cloud.

Note: Part 3 would be most relevant, demonstrating how to use Lumira to connect to a Universe (UNX) based on a SAP BW connection.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On number 1, yes

on number 2, be sure you have the Lumira standard (not personal) edition

please be sure you search before you post, per SCN guidelines, as these questions have been covered before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tammy,

Thanks a lot for your reply..

I am currently using the Lumira personal edition.  So, is it possible to use the universe of type (.unv) in Standard edition of Lumira ?

Thanks

Renju

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Personal edition only works for CSV/Excel data sources

If you want to use Lumira against more data sources than that, including Universes, you need to buy the Standard Edition or download the trial for it at saplumira.com