cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop requirements from being passed from Contract items to MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP GURUS,

We are using Quantity Contracts in our SAP 4.7 Version, We had earlier faced an issue where requirements were being passed from Contract items to MRP where as they should not be passing to MRP,To prevent  this from happening, we removed the Availabity and Requirement check for the concerned scheduled line category Z0 determined in our contracts through OVZ8,This stopped the requirements from being passed to MRP for the newer contracts after these changes went to Production but there are still requirements being passed to MRP for the older Open contracts created before these changes.

Now the Business would like us to prevent the requirements from being passed to MRP for the Old Open contracts, is there a way to prevent this, Appreciate your inputs on this.

Thanks and Regards

Mohammed Roshan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I am correct, there wont be schedule line for contracts.  So what you can do is as an one time exercise, change the respective material master to No MRP and run the correction report SDRQCR21.  By doing this, MRP elements would be removed.  Again you can restore the original settings in those material master.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Lakshmipathi,Alternatively ,I can see the Requirement type is 41(Order/Delivery Requirement) which has been checked for Requirements Transfer and Availabilty Check,Which could also be a reason as to requirements being passed in Old contracts,If we assign a new Z Requirements type to Item Category and MRP type and uncheck the Requirements Transfer and Availabilty Check for this new Requirement type,will this stop requirements being passed in Old contracts?

Kindly advice.

Thanks and Regards,

Mohammed Roshan

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are multiple ways to achieve a requirement.  Based on your original post, if I am correct, this exercise is going to be an one time exercise.  So keeping that in mind, I proposed a suggestion for which, there is no need to touch the existing configuration.  On the other hand, what you had suggested would involve configurational change.  If you would like to go with that method, you can go but unnecessarily, you are touching the configuration.  That is what I have a feeling.  I leave the decision to you.

G. Lakshmipathi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sir-If i keep No MRP in MMR,

then for this material through release order also the requirements will not get updated---then may have problem again.

Please suggest me sir where i am going wrong...

Phanikumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you can reenter the Schedule line category of the Open contracts in a Mass process the problem will be resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva,

Can you provide more clarity on how this is to be done.

Thanks and Regards

Mohammed Roshan