Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR/TO and PCN for fixed bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using fixed bin putaway strategy .

I was getting the error  :

" Maximum quantity for storage bin R1-02-101 will be exceeded by 2,390.000 NOS "

Message no. L3068

So when check and analyze i found it because system is not getting the space to putaway the stock in bin .

Here why system is not proposing this stock to place in SPILLOVER AREA which is defined in storage type search table during TO and PCN creation.

Why system is proposing the fixed bin as the destination bin though it cannot allocate the SKU in respective bin.

Had i missed any settings ? Please suggest.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Standard SAP does not split transfer orders based on capacity check. If you split the TO manually, the first TO will go to the fixed bin and any next TO will go to overflow based on your storage type search sequence.

You may want to look at the following userexit, but I have no experience with it: MWMTO012 (transfer order split)

Rgrds,
Sander

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Om,

You will need to define storage type search sequence for your materials storage type indicator. (WM1 view in material master)

You can have putaway strategy search for fixed bin first, then go to reserve storage type where you can specify other strategy like "next empty bin", "near picking bin", or any other.

What your message means is that the system finishes its search in the fixed bin, so it means that your fixed storage type is the LAST one in your search.

So, you will need to take a closer look at your storage type search, and possibly post the records that are important for the specific material so that I can analyze them more.

One more thing that you can do, is post a screen shot of "storage bin search log" after you get the message.
In your transaction (LT03, LT06 whichever), after you get the error message go to Environment => Stor. Bin Search Log.
Drop us a screen here and those storage type search records and we'll crack it in no time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mihailo,

Thanks a lot for your post.

I have defined Immediate TO for fixed bin strategy.

So when i am posting a GR ,immediate TO is created and also system allows it to confirm though there is not enough space in the fixed bin.

But when i am trying to convert PCN to TO i am getting the above error.

Please  check the error log :

I check my config in material master and storage type search table both are ok.

Please suggest me .

Regards,

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Om,

in the thread u mentioned that u r "posting a GR" but the Transfer order screen  says you are creating  Transfer order with referance to PCN(Source storage type is appearing as 922)

r u sure that the screen shared by you and the text in thread is correct

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Om,

Please see the screenshots below which will answer your above query.

In the above screenshot, you can see that system proposes the storage bin 03-04-09 and 03-05-09 for the 100 Qty in 001 storage type as per the ST search settings since the maximum qty allowed in the Fix Bin 400-21 is 100.

So you have to make the changes in the Storage type search table.

Hope it is helpful.

Thanks,

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Can you share your putaway strategy for indicator RPL?

It would also be good to have a screen for MM data WM view 2 for storage type RPL.

That should be enough info to undoubtedly find the cause of the problem.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Om,

Since you are using Fixec bin Putaway strategy system will always propose the putaway in the same bin which is defined as a fixed bin in the material master. In case if you want system to propose the bin from the search strategy define in the storage type search then you need to change the putaway strategy to other then fixed bin which will be most suitable to your process.

As far as the error L3068 is concern this error message comes capacity check is maintained at storage type / material level and you don't have enough space in the destination storage bin for the incoming quant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thank you for your post !

I agreed that system will propose the fixed bin which is defined in material master.

But is there is no space in bin then why system is not proposing the stock  to spill over area  ?

Example : Fixed bin -  putaway strategy and Automatic TO creation.

Max = 100 , Min = 40 and current stock is 0

So when i am doing GR for 200 units why system is creating a automatic TO with fixed bin location.

As per my understanding system should a create a TO having bin location for  spill over .

Please suggest where i am missing..

Regards,

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Putaway is mostly influenced by the putaway strategy defined for the storage type and the storage type search strategy. With the above thread i understand that the putaway strategy is defined as Fixed bin for the storage type so even if you will define other storage type in the storage type search strategy

system is always going to propose the same bin (Standard SAP behaviour This is what i am aware)

if you want system to take into consideration the value defined into the storage type search strategy table (T334T) then you need to change your strategy from Fixed to Next empty bin  or any other which is most suitable to your business requriement