cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Parameters - Definition and Description

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking for a complete list of profile parameters and their functions.

I have been able to generate a list through the RSPARAM. however there is quite a significant amount of the parameters that are not described and their usage seems quite elusive as a Google of some of these parameter does not return any results.

I have been able to place together some of the descriptions and values through certain documentation and feature articles, however I am far from completely understanding most of the parameters. I would be most grateful if anyone could point the way to any resources that could help me out in this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Anshara,

I don't know where you could check the meaning of all possible parameters, all at once.

However, you can access the transaction RZ11, type the parameter name, hit "display" and then hit "documentation". This should work for most of the parameters, and it will explain what the parameter does, including syntax and possible values.

For the parameters that are not documented on RZ11, you can try to find SAP notes describing them.

Regards,

Isaias

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree, RZ11 is a great transaction with good documentation (for example, the memory concept is explained). Using it, some parameters can be changed online as well.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for posts guys,

My question is why are there so many obscure SAP parameters? Are they deprecated parameters?

Do custom parameters get listed in the RSPARAM?

I am doing a comprehensive audit of my company Systems and I was wondering what would be the best literature to get hold of.

Thanks in Advance.

Nadeeja

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, they aren't deprecated - but some parameters only have to be set in special system configurations. I don't know a complete overview of all parameters, RZ11 and SAP Support Portal are my only sources.

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Nadeeja,

Not necessarily deprecated parameters. Some parameters are created as part of SAP kernel fixes being delivered. Being new parameters, RZ11 doesn't have their documentation.

And what do you mean by "custom parameters" in RSPARAM?

Regards,

Isaias