cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic/Variant Article Purchase Price condition (PB00) Scales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have scales for our purchase price condition (PB00). Purchase Price/Info record is maintained at Generic Article and all variants have the same price as Generic Article.

Example of Generic/ Variant Article: 1000

There are scales maintained at generic article. Please see the example below.

Purchase info Record price maintained:    $100

Scales:

1 – 500                         -           $100

501- 1000                      -           $90

1001- 1500                    -           $80

1501-2000                     -           $70

We raise Purchase orders (PO) to Vendor through 2 means i.e.

1. Manually.
  2. Automatically through MRP. i.e. Purchase Requisition --> Purchase Order

When users raise a PO manually users enter the generic Article and enter the quantities for variant Articles. The scale prices are calculated for total quantities of variants in a Generic Article

Example variant 1000001 for qty 500 and 1000002 for the qty 500 then scales in total reaches to 1000 and the purchase price is $90 for each variant.

The issue we are facing while Purchase order created through MRP.

When a PO is created through MRP run, it will only have Variant Articles. As per the above If PO is created  for a variant article 1000001 qty 500 and 1000002 qty 500 then scales in total reaches to 1000. However PO contains only variant Article and generic Article is not included. So the purchase price remains to be $100 for each variant

I have the following Questions:

1. Is it possible for system to consider scales qty for all the variants in a PO during MRP?
  2. Are there any standard routines we can use so proper scales can be determined?
  3. I tried to find Relevant SAP Notes but I couldn't, appreciate if you can share any note numbers your aware of regarding this.
  4. One of the challenges we have is purchasing price is determined at PO item level. To determine relevant variants of generic Article in the PO is quite a challenge. If you have made any development for the same issue we are facing currently, appreciate if you can share the logic how it was made possible.

First of all I would like to thank you for reading through the issue and appreciate your inputs.

Regards, Sophia.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sophia,

I've just read this.

I don´t know the reason of your issue, but I think that may be it´s better if you use a rebate agreement instead of the scales of price. May be it could work better with the MRP.

If you don't know the configuration of the rebate agreement, you can found it  at SCN Docs, DOC-33000

You posted the question in April, did you solve it? If that´s the case may I know the solution?

Hope it helps.

Best regards.