Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast beyond Phase Out Period

former_member253923
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have product P1 with forecast values for next 12 months. We added a phase out profile recently to phase out this product after June 2014.   In phase out profile, we enabled the "After end date, apply constant factor" as "0%".

In planning area, we have the forecast setting to store the "corrected forecast" in a separate key figure.

When a univariate is run for this product, we see forecast values, "corrected forecast" values till June 2014 only, which is correct,  but when i save them, the corrected forecast values are copied till June 2014 only and values after June 2014 in Planning Book remain as such. They are not cleared out. 

I tried clearing the "corrected forecast" manually and ran again, but still the values somehow got populated again beyond phaseout period.  There are no macro's affecting this KF.

Any light thrown on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I faced something ditto recently.

Run the forecast in the background at the most detailed level of aggregation to generate a zero forecast without checking life cycle planning in the forecast profile

Then run the forecast you ran above with your forecast profile.

Just what I recall doing

BS

former_member253923
Participant
0 Kudos

BS,

Thanks for your inputs and sorry for the delayed reply. Apparently i didn't get the notification when someone replies to our query.

I tried your recommendation but the issue still persists. To add to the issue the phase out has defined as

COUNTRY   PROD  LOC

XX                P1       *

and we run the stat forecast we run at a higher level

COUNTRY   PROD 

XX                P1      

When we run at a higher level than the one defined at phase out, this issue pops up. There was a SAP note as well for this, but that didn't help either. As a workaround, if we also include LOC and run by entering a specific location, it works.   Suspecting to be a standard bug now.

Thanks!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your basic settings for Life cycle planning - if you have defined location, then you need to give that value in the mass assignment tab. u can just give * in the Location tab in the mass assignment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are doing the phaseout..go to settings tab assign.. life cycle planning active button and run the forecast,it will not generate any forecast in future months.

Thanks,

Naga.