Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message no. V1667 - Free goods

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have gone through the forum but got a question about free goods.

How can I find out order reads which free goods condition record?

By the way, I tried "analysis" in order but the system just pops up an information message below. No further details are displayed.

Free goods analysis is switched on

Message no. V1667

Is it caused by 100% discount inactive for free goods? I mean, in my current system, no price condition type is for free goods in order.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cat,

Let's say we have multiple condition records of free goods (VBN3). After order creation, how can we know which condition record of free goods is captured in the order? Any table or report to check it?

As discussed by you, the free goods condition records can be seen in table KONDN

e.g. KSCHL = NA00 or any custom free goods condition type in your system.

In the sales order, the item category would be something like TANN or a copy of (e.g. ZTAN etc.)

As suggested by Lakshmipathi - from VBAK and KONV, one can find the pricing condition type used for free goods (say ZTAN)

and then from looking in to KONDN, one can know which free goods condition record was selected in the sales order.

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear TW,

Thanks a lot for your detail explanation.

But the point is I just need to know the order reads which free goods condition record.

For e.g., free goods condition type NA00 has multiple records in KONDN. Those records are created against the same table 10. There are multiple orders contain free goods. How can I know the orders read which Cond.record no. from KONDN?

By the way, my system does not activate pricing condition type for free goods.

Looking forward to your advice.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First You find out the Condition record numbers for the table XXX by prefixing N.

then enter these condition record numbers into KONV and retrieve the Document condition numbers.

Then enter this Doc.Condition number into VBAK--so you see all the sales orders used this condition record number.

Hope this helps.

Phanikumar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cat,

By the way, my system does not activate pricing condition type for free goods.

Could you explain how is pricing setup when there are free goods, in the sales order?

Please give screenshots too.

In standard we have pricing condition type R100. How does it work in your business?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

However, it seems I have not clarified my question.

Let's say we have multiple condition records of free goods (VBN3). After order creation, how can we know which condition record of free goods is captured in the order? Any table or report to check it?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try in SQVI by table joining VBAK with KONV but there if you choose "Data source" as Table Join, it wont work.  You have to try with "Logical database" and again maintain VAV below this tab.

G. Lakshmipathi

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi,

Sorry. The function "Control free goods pricing" is not activated in my system.

And I just want to know any tables to store the relationship between free goods determination (VBN3, e.g. table KONDN) and order.

Could you pls help further? Thx.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to check in KONV where you input the condition type VBN3 to get the sale order references.  From KONV, pass the field KNUMV in VBAK and execute so that you will get all Free Goods Sale Order.

G. Lakshmipathi

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi,

Thx for your help.

I tried but KONV did not display any data. I believe it is caused by the function "Control free goods pricing" is not activated.

In my system, just activate condition technique for free goods. In other words, 100% discount of condition type is not used. The condition record number can be obtained from KONDN or KOTNxx.

Any idea how to check the relationship between condition record number & order number in the table?

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your question is not clear.

What is your requirement--just tell in Brief??

Phanikumar

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar,

Thanks for your attention.

Let's say to buy 10 pc of A, then get extra 1 pc of A. The extra 1 pc of A is free of charge.

Meanwhile, we may have multiple condition records for free goods (VBN3) based on different combinations (sales organization + distribution channel + material, sales organization + distribution channel + customer + material, etc).

How can we know order reads which free goods condition record?

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Cal L,

I just understood--for your requirement Do like below:

1.Go to VA01--enter the Sales document type and sales area and press enter

2.Now dont give any sold to party--now go to environment in menu bar--analysis--free goods--switch on the analysis.

3.Now enter the sold to party and material,order quantity-press enter--system will take you the analysis of Free goods and shows you which table system used in finding the free goods condition record.

Phanikumar

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Phanikumar,

Great. Thanks a lot for your prompt advice.

However, any table or report to find it out when order has been created?

Looking forward to your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check in Sales order line item Table with Item Category and Creation Date.

Thanks,

Vikas

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in Table VBAK.

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the document type or number range is different for Free Goods in the Business process, then you can very well check in VBAK.  On the other hand, if the same document type is being used with Free Goods item category, then you can check in VBAP.  Before doing this, just check in standard report VA05 where you can filter by Document Type, Document Reference Numbers.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cat,

I think u had better look for this information in sales order at item level, in condition tab you can click on analysis and check which condition records system is looking at, for various condition types.

And, obviously, if there is no condition type maintained for free goods in ur pricing procedure, no cond. record would exist.

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Do you mean the function "analysis" in order is used for free goods pricing analysis?

In my current setting, pricing for free goods is not activated. But I just want to find out order reads which free goods condition record (VBN3). You know, we can have multiple condition records for free goods (VBN3). How can I know which record is captured in a order?