cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding master data changes related to historical Key figures..

Krishna1
Participant
0 Kudos

Question regarding master data changes related to historical  Key figures..

Here is the situation:

We user Informatica as ETL.

We load master data (Products) on full and historical data (Orders and Billing) on incremental basis. Frequency of update could be daily or weekly basis.  We need 8 qtrs historical to forecast next 8 qtr data and also we use historical Order and Billing information to disaggregate any change made to forecast qty or dollar value at non-base planning levels.

Product has PRDID ,PRDLINE and PRDFAMILY as attributes

Country has CNTRYID, GE01 and GE02 as attributes.

Billing Qty KEy figure is at Product and Country level. I understand that system is going to store all attributes data (PRDLINE, PRDFAMILY, GE01 and GE02) associated with dimensions and dimensions, KF data ( Name and Qty) in time buckets.

Our master data changes   (Like PRRLINE and PRDFAMILY) regularly and we want system to update historical billing data key figure data to update with updated attributes so that disaggregation is done properly.

Question : What is the best way to handle these changes for historical data?

My answer is : ETL to track all changes and delete old record / change record in KF ( Based on KEY) and insert new record.

Please let me know if there is better way to handle this?

Thanks,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vikas_ohri2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Are you suggesting , the Billing Qty key figure value calculated would change because of changes  made to Product master attributes - Product hierarchy changes - and it needs to be readjusted to values of new attributes .

Do you use the same Product ID or create a new one ?

Are you intending to track changes in source system ( read change documents ? changed date/time from SAP - get old value - new value )   or  track changes in SOP ??

Is it possible for you to delete all entries for Billing Qty KF and recreate after the product ID changes ?

Krishna1
Participant
0 Kudos

Vikas,

See my response below.

1) Qty wouldn't change. Attributes associated with base planning dimensions would change.

2) Same product ID will be used.

3) yes, Changes will tracked in ECC..

4) yes, It is possible to delete and make entry but we would like to avoid ETL or BW keeping changes and expecting have capability in S & OP.

Thanks,

Krishna

Krishna1
Participant
0 Kudos

Issue is solved...

S&OP loads  and realigns historical data to updated master data automatically when updated master gets loaded...I tested and it works...

Thanks,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I am facing the same issue, would it be possible to share your contact # to talk how its got resolved? Thanks

Venkat

Krishna1
Participant
0 Kudos

sure...call me at +1 917 386 4187 after 6 pm EST... or .Send me an email with all the details Krishna.Mamidipaka@bizbraintech.com