cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer not ready to send free of goods back But he wants money back for damaged stock

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear sd Experts please tell me How To Achieve In SAP

Customer : 120000

Company: AAA

AAA Company offered if customer purchased Material ZZZ  For 100 qnty They will Give Free of goods Material XXX 15 For Diwali

: ex: Now customer Purchased 100 qnty and he got 15 Free of goods from the company Now This scenario ok Imagine stock reached just one day before DIWALI  suddenly Customer Found some damaged stock Like 10 Items

now he wants to back the stock  and he doesn't want the same material 10 Items  (zzz) He wants only Money

because Once DIWALI Completed he cant sell the products he will be in loss ( i am giving just example to understand)

so he wants money back .....................For 10 Qnty

But he is not ready To Give back Free of goods Back (XXX) Because He purchased the stock From the company is giving free goods thats way

Yes it is correct point From the customer side because every customer will think like this only no wrong with him ...

Now coming to Company issue .... Company everything calculated material cost and finally decided That 100 Material ZZZ We can give XXX 15 Material As a free of Goods here no loss and no profit 

But if customer Is asking Money back for Damaged stock and he doesn't want To give free of goods back ,,, So here from company point of view some loss will be generating definitely..100 %  so how we will proceed with FI @MM IN SAP

Because I think another option plz guide me

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venu,

As i understood On a purchase of 100 TVs--10 DVD players are free(may be 10+1 offer)

Now after receiving customer found 10TVs damaged

(only TVs got damaged--not the free good DVD players)

So he returned those damaged 10 TVs back to Business and he dont want to take this new 10 TVs based on his sales after his seasonal experiences.

So now the adjustment can happen in the following ways:

(solely depends on your understanding with your customer)

1.Adjust the total amount only for 90 TVs(you can use credit memo else invoice correction request)

2.here the question comes is for 90 TVs only 9 DVDs are free--(here again you can do in two ways charge the customer by a debit memo for additional one piece of DVD player   or   ask the customer to return that one DVD player)

Hope this helps.

Very Important note:

I just saw somebody asking you to correct your punctuation and there is a like given by Our senior and respected member JP. we have to understand one thing here--always we  need to take these comments as positive manner(recently our respected moderator JP cautioned me  too through a direct message asking to correct my diction and some spelling mistakes--which i might be doing without any intention)

Remember one thing in life--- all of our respected senior members are here to help us whenever we are facing career threatening issues--even though they dont know us personally --they are helping us & we come out with victory and smiley faces from all these issues--we should respect their comments and say thanks to the people who is correcting you at your career.

To Respected JP: sir--i think you might have observed the change in my approach too

(like ""me too"" at your message)

whenever i am crossing-- requesting you again to correct me.

sorry to give this pain again to you sir.

Regards

Phanikumar

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By the way, I was trying to understand why people don't generally use punctuation and read this: http://uttishthabharata.wordpress.com/2011/08/27/sanskrit-punctuation/

Although I can understand that the language works differently and it's hard to translate, you have to understand that for us, reading without punctuation is very hard. Not only does punctuation change the meaning of the text, it provides rhythm for the text. Punctuation isn't optional in english or other languages that use the latin alphabet.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venu,

This is more of a business related question. What will happen in SAP is just "noting" the business decision.

Two things are important -

1.What are the rules in the contract, between the buyer and seller; between the seller and the freight forwarder (transporter).

2. Is this a big customer? and does the seller want to please the buyer?

Don't focus on what will be done in SAP i.e. credit note or debit note or return or....

Contact a senior manager (Electronic company) and ask, this is a situation - what would be your approach?

Note: As a senior executive in India, their way of dealing could be different from how it is done in other parts of the world.

Typewriter

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

dear venu gopal,

this a different secinerio which business has to take decision , just we are consultant which we can map the business process in sap according to business decision,

here material is related to time dependent so in time u have to to take steps to exchange the damaged goods.

now according to u r issue what evere the 10 materials return, give credit note and if customer is not agred to give free goods back , deduct that free material amount in ctedit note  other wise supply that 10 qty again to the customer( if he not aggred)

process .

vao1 (zre)--vlo1n (pgr)--billing (credit memo) ---j1ih(excise udjustments .

Regards,

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please use punctuation in your post. I got tired of reading half way, since it makes it very hard to understand what is written.

It's already damaging enough to the exposition that english isn't your native language, at least try to use punctuation (and don't use capital letters mid sentence) if you expect help from us.

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Joao Sousa

Thanks ...  Dear in simple terms i am going to explain

Company agreed Like below given

Ex: I Have Purchased 100 TVS From you and You have given 10 DVD Players Free of cost

I Have ordered the stock For New year Festival  ..

Side note : Mainly i have Purchased the stock From you Because  you are giving the free of goods i mean 10 DVD

Now i have reached the stock On December 27 Th i found 15 Tvs fully damaged

now i am going to return damaged stock .... But i want Money back Reason is once new year  completed i cant sell Single TV Also ( just ex)

Now company will be in the loss because they have given Free of cost because customer is Buying 100 tvs so that is way they are giving Free of goods

so how to handle this type of scenario ... If company is ready to Face Lose how FI will show lose ?

Thanks a lot   

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You still didn't use punctuation, and you are still using capital letters mid sentence making my reading harder then it needs to be.

It may seem like I'm being harsh, but quality text is also important in SCN.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Joao,

It is an unrealistic expectation to think that if you have suggested to write in a certain way (be it the "correct" way); from the subsequent post the changes will be incorporated.

Writing skills and habits die hard and need constant (and long-term) efforts...for the slighted change / improvement. (assuming that someone wants to change, in the first place)

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
It is an unrealistic expectation to think that if you have suggested to write in a certain way (be it the "correct" way); from the subsequent post the changes will be incorporated.

I guess it's as unrealistic as repeating the same post, the same mistakes and expect an answer .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu

Business has to decide what they want to do in this Scenario .Business want to send free of cost delivery to customer or want to give  Credit Note to customer .

upon decision from business you can map the scenario in SAP .

Regards

Santosh Verma