cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no packaging materials found for the allowed packaging material types

basha_shaik7
Participant

Hi All,

I am new to SD module. I am creating outbound delivery W/O order my materiel(HAWA) is packaging material when I select the material and click on pack I am getting below message

no packaging materials found for the allowed packaging material types

Message no. HUGENERAL039

below is process I have done

Material 1471 MATERIAL (Material type HAWA) assigned Packaging material group in the basic data1 tab

Material 1468 packaging material (Material type VERP) assigned packaging material group basic data1 tab

Customization

LE-SHIPPING-PACKING-DEFINED PACKAGING MATERIAL TYPES(Created new packaging material type ZRAT)

LE-SHIPPING-PACKING-DEFINED MATERIAL GROUPS FOR PACKAGING MATERIALS(Created new group Z001)

LE-SHIPPING-PACKING-DEFINE ALLOWED PACKAGING MATERIALS.

Sorry I cant paste screen .

Thanks in advance

Chand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For packing material 1468, you should see a field called Packing Material Type in the master data, where you assign the ZRAT. It's not the same as the packaging material group (Z001) which you assign to the goods being packed.

basha_shaik7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

Thank you very much for the reply. could you please tell me where to check Packing Material Type in the master data I mean in which tab in the material master data.

Regards,

Chand

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is in Sales General/Plant (can't seem to upload a picture.... don't know why).

You should see the Packing Material data group, where you can set the packaging material type, and other important information like the maximum weight and volume that the packing material supports.

basha_shaik7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

Thank you very much for the answer I got it in sales/general tab. One more question is it neccessary to use handling unit when we pack material like into box or basket.

Sorry for the basic question.

Regards,

Chand

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should basically use a HU is you are going to print a label, or want to ship a particular material together with your stock.

The most basic example is pallets. You print a label for your pallet (in order to assist loading, and GR at the other hand), and the pallet has a piece of physical wood which is usually managed in stock.

I never used HU for smaller boxes, but it depends on your requirement. If you using your boxes to pack related material (like the pieces of a bicicle) then you should probably use HU.

basha_shaik7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

Thanks for the reply. suppose If we don't want  to use HU during packing, any customization is there to do that.

Because in my scenario when click on Pack I am getting screen Handling unit created 552. One thing I can tell you is My storage doesn't have a HUM storage location.

Thanks,

Chand

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe I didn't understand your question. If you want pack, in SAP that is a handling unit.

What is optional is to generate a new item in the delivery with the packing material, which you can control in the packaging material type configuration.

If I didn't understand your question, please explain again what you are trying to achieve.

basha_shaik7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

Sorry to confuse you with my question. Please find the screen shot where it is showing HU 552.

But our industry is not using HUM.

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HUM is independent of using HU. When you say the storage location is HU managed what you are basically saying is that all the stock needs to be contained in HUs and the sum of the HU stock is equal to the MM stock.

If your storage location is HUM then you need to use HU, if it isn't HUM then you can use HU but don't need to.

If you want to disable the generation of HU automatically that is controlled in the delivery item category.

basha_shaik7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

one last question could you please tell me the customization to disable the HU I just want pack the item i dont want HU in the system.

Regards,

Chand

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't believe that is possible. If you want to pack, the system creates an HU. That's the way SAP keeps track of packing.

basha_shaik7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

Thanks for your valuble time for answering my questions.

thank you very much once again.

Regards,

Chand

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to be helpful.

Answers (0)