cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customs documents and customs declaration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can any one please briefly explain what is the difference between customs document and customs declaration. Is there any special process required to convert customs document as customs declaration?

I will explain by taking one scenario.

If we transfer any documents from ecc to gts those documents will called as customs documents. Please tell me am I Right or wrong if right,

another scenario,

when we send proforma invoice to gts those invoice will be converted as customs declaration. Is it right or wrong if it is right how it converts to customs declaration why cann't it convert as customs document.

for converting customs document to as customs declaration is there require any process or configuration settings if yes please let me explain i am little bit confuse.

Thanks in advance for help ful answer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

You are exactly bang on in explaining about what is a Customs document and What is a Customs declaration.

Firstly, please take a look at the below thread where this had been discussed earlier also.

But to further differentiate in real sense,

A Custom document is something that is record in the SAP GTS system of the trade transactions occurring in the SAP logistics system and some time may a supporting document as well. An example of such a case is when we create a sales order , then a customs document is being generated in the GTS system. Here, SAP GTS Custom Documents are just a replica of the SAP feeder system's documents like Sales order etc. with Trade specific data like licenses embedded into them to further assist for future declarations and tracking.

A Custom Declaration is something that contains data to be declared to the appropriate authorities in the specified format.  During this process ,data from the company's SAP business documents is copied into a declaration to further pass on to the authorities for approval for trade and related processes.

I hope that now the things will be clear to you. If not, please open a discussion thread for an open discussion to get the required stuff.

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Aman,

Your explanation is very simple and understandable.

its too great i really appreciate you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Pleased to know  that it helped you. Please mark this thread as solved if this was all that you asked for in this thread.

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi aman,

But that option is not getting how to mark this as answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

If that's a problem with other threads as well, then probally you can voice this concern to help desk.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

You just need to click on the "Mark answer as helpful" button.

Hope that's helpful ,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Probablly, you can raise your concern in the below forum as it has been highlighted in the below thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3262978

Regards,

Aman

Answers (0)