cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Of Solman 7.1 aix Oracle failed with Java Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are doing SOLMAN Installation 7.1 SR1 AIX Oracle.

Now the installation stopped at the 19th phase "IMport ABAP"as in the attached screenshot.

Database:  Oracle 11.2.0.3

Java Version currently maintained:  java version "1.4.2"

When i checked in log File  import_monitor.java.log  (  /tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN71/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS) ,

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

[root@solmantrg: /tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN71/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS] cat import_monitor.java.log

java version "1.6.0_45"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 6.1.051)
SAP Java Server VM (build 6.1.051 23.5-b02, May 30 2013 05:04:21 - 61_REL - optU - aix ppc64 - 6 - bas2:197575 (mixed mode))

Required system resources are missing or not available:
  Import directory '/cddumps/Solman_Export_Cds/51042607_1/DATA_UNITS/EXP1' does not exist;
  Import directory '/cddumps/Solman_Export_Cds/51042607_1/DATA_UNITS/EXP2' does not exist;
  Import directory '/cddumps/Solman_Export_Cds/51042607_2/DATA_UNITS/EXP3' does not exist;
  Import directory '/cddumps/Solman_Export_Cds/51042607_2/DATA_UNITS/EXP4' does not exist.

[root@solmantrg: /tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN71/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS]

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Also i checked all the above import Directories [

'/cddumps/Solman_Export_Cds/51042607_1/DATA_UNITS/EXP1'

'/cddumps/Solman_Export_Cds/51042607_1/DATA_UNITS/EXP2'

'/cddumps/Solman_Export_Cds/51042607_2/DATA_UNITS/EXP3'

'/cddumps/Solman_Export_Cds/51042607_2/DATA_UNITS/EXP4'

] and all the above import directories are present in my system.

Later from the above log, i compared the Java Version of our System

*****************************************************************************************************************

[root@solmantrg: /tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN71/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS] java -version

java version "1.4.2"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2)

Classic VM (build 1.4.2, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM AIX 5L for PowerPC (64 bit JVM) build caix64142ifx-20110630 (SR13 FP10) (JIT enabled: jitc))

[root@solmantrg: /tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN71/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS] which java

/usr/java14_64/jre/bin/java

***************************************************************************************************************

Kindly clarify the below Queries.

1)Is the above Solman installation error was due to Java version? If so, do we need to install   java version "1.6.0_45" in Solman Server to proceed with the installation.

2)Cant we proceed the Solman installation with the current Java version (java version "1.4.2") of our System .

3) What is the actual Prerequistes to be maintained for JAVA.  I have downloaded the Installtion guide from SMP.

but in the installation guide, The exact java version to be maintained to proceed with the Solman Installation 7.1 SR1 is not mentioned anywhere.

4)If we install the Java 1.6, do we need to start Solman installation from the scratch . Any reboot required after installing java 1.6?

5)Because of the inconsistencies in java version in our System, The installation shows the Error " Import directory does not exist  "?

6)Please tel the cause of the Error

Kindly assist to proceed with the installation

Regards,

Gayathri.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

Thanks for the reply.

issue was resolved after changing the ownership of the java cds to root:sapinst

thanks and regards,

gayathri.K

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Gayathri

The import_monitor.java.log says the JRE used is 1.6 - java version "1.6.0_45"

There must be multiple JRE's installed on the system.

Run the below command and check the output

ls -lad /usr/java*

Few things I would try.

Is the '/cddumps/Solman_Export_Cds/51042607_1/DATA_UNITS/EXP1' an NFS mount ? If yes use a local file system.

Create a directory called /SMINSTALL and move all from /cddumps/Solman_Export_Cds

It should look like /SMINSTALL/51042607_1/DATA_UNITS/EXP1

Start the installation.

Try to use Java 1.4 or 1.5 and see if that helps.

You need to set the environment variable JAVA_HOME before starting the installation.

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java14_64/jre

Are there any files/directories under 51042607_*/DATA_UNITS/EXP* ?

Regards

RB