cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to do manual account posting in intercompany sales process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

As per the above cited subject, can we know the ways to do vendor account manually in inter-company sales process, i'e without EDI (automatic posting).

Thanks in Advance

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is always better to explain the business process as clearly as possible and spell out how you expect SAP to perform.  For me, I am not clear what exactly you are expecting from SCN.  Please go through this blog so that you will get some idea on how to post in SCN

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi

Thanks for your advice, and regret the inconvenience caused and please find my below detailed description for the same.

In inter company sales process we have the below steps

Ordering Plant Org.Structure :

Company Code - 1000, Sales Org. -1000, Plant – 1000, Dist.Ch - 10

Delivering Plant Org.Structure :

Company Code – 2000, Sales Org. -2000, Plant – 2000, Dist.Ch - 10

Customer “C1” – Belongs to Ordering plant,

Material is “M1”

Process Steps:

1. VA01 - End Customer purchase order will be raised as sales order in ordering plant sales org -1000, but plant and shipping points will be changed as Plant – 2000, Shipping Point – 2000 due to un- availability and material will be extended to both the organizations.
  2. VL01N - Outbound Delivery will be created with reference to sales order through shipping point – 2000 and plant – 2000, PGI done.
  3. VF01 (F2) - Customer “C1” external invoice will be raised in sales org-1000 with reference to the delivery done.
  4. VF01 (IV) - Intercompany invoice will be raised in plant – 2000 on plant – 1000.
  5. In this Scenario plant – 1000 will be maintained as customer in Plant 2000, and Plant 2000 will be maintained as vendor in plant 1000.
  6. MIRO - To offset the entries / to post to vendor account in MIRO SAP has provided automatic posting through EDI/IDOC

Now what I wanted to know here was if MIRO/posting to vendor account is not automated (EDI/IDOC), how to do it manually.

Hope this gives a clear picture.

Thanks in Advance

1. A.Anil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In intercompany sales--there is no question of sending the goods to ordering plant from supply plant.(1000 to 2000 as you presume)

Rather the supply will be directly to customer of ordering plant--- from supply plant.

Yes-I agree there will be bill between these plants.

Hope this helps.

Phanikumar

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
In intercompany sales--there is no question of sending the goods to ordering plant from supply plant.(1000 to 2000 as you presume)

Like I said, the name is not the most important thing, the process is. SAP itself gives different names to this process, in this link it calls the process  Cross-Company Sales Order Processing(123)

In this link which details the process, it clearly says that the Intercompany invoice is posted after the customer invoice so....

Also there is a flaw in your steps--always Intercompany invoice first--then only commercial invoice.

Is not correct, which is what I said. According to this process descritption and Creating Internal Invoices in the Ordering Company Code - Profitability Analysis (CO-PA) - SAP Libra..., step 6 is also necessary since you have RD04 (idoc) thats posts the invoice in the sales organization.

In conclusion his process is correct, and all we should have done is answer his question:

Now what I wanted to know here was if MIRO/posting to vendor account is not automated (EDI/IDOC), how to do it manually.

Which as far as I know isn't possible to do in a transaction, you need to use message RD04.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Joao.

Good Informative sites---but here as suggested by your second link--Intercompany invoice will be raised automatically(because the supply plant sales area cannot wait for the commercial invoice between ordering plant to its end customer--here one point we need to understand--this commercial invoice raising will always depends on the agreement between ordering plant and its customer--might be today you delivered the goods--may be invoice can be after some days or may be that customer will be in the agreement like invoice list with ordering plant or partial billing might be there in their agreement)

So first intercompany then only commercial invoice.(sorry-i may disagree with you here)

Secondly RD04--is output related can be kept aside in our point of discussion.

Also you will agree here-- no step process as mentioned earlier by you in intercompany sales.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Many thanks for the views shared, please find the below link for the total process

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/dd/5614e7545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

And as a thought / answer given by Mr.Joao Sousa and as per the below link and my understanding of the process, since business has happened between the two plant Offsetting of entries have to be there.

Is there any way to do this without EDI/IDOC. (as per step no.6 mentioned previously)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/dd/56155c545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm?frameset=/...

@ Mr.Phani Kumar :

Please find the link for your reference, If we are creating the invoices i’e either customer invoice or intercompany invoice through VF01 system will not stop. But If we want to generate through billing due list VF04 then customer invoice generation is mandatory.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/dd/56154f545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm?frame...

Thanks in Advance

A.Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Phanikumar

"Secondly RD04--is output related can be kept aside in our point of discussion."

As per Mr.Joao Sousa's view to my query his answer was "except EDI/IDOC automation, we can not do it manually."

What we need to understand is to trigger any EDI/IDOC process we will use an output type, in this case it was RD04.

"So first intercompany then only commercial invoice.(sorry-i may disagree with you here)" is answered in my previous reply.

Please correct me if am wrong.

Thanks in Advance

A.Anil

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing these sites--let me go through.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.Anil,

I have go through the link. But it does not specify how to do MIRO manually for intercompany sales.   After entering the invoice header information, how to enter the detail part as there seems PO informaiton which does not exist in this intercompany sales process.

Best regards,

Connie

omer_savran2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have implemented delivery related intercompany sales, sales order, deliveries and invoices are working fine.

but i could not understand how to do vendor postings, how did you customize vendor postings?

documents talk about automatic postings with EDI, do you have detail documentation about it?

but our company codes are on the same system so do we need to use EDI?

is there any way to do it manually?

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why 6th Step here??

Dont get confused between intercompany STO with Intercompany sales...

Never we will create Vendor in Inter company sales...

Also there is a flaw in your steps--always Intercompany invoice first--then only commercial invoice.

Phanikumar

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually no. If you are using a direct intercompany to customer process, SAP forces you to post the commercial invoice before the internal one.

The question here is if this process is a direct shipment from 1000 with billing from 2000, or a two step process, with a transfer from 1000 -> 2000, and then a sale to the customer. Since he only has one outbound delivery and no PO, it seems to be the former.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"""" a two step process, with a transfer from 1000 -> 2000, and then a sale to the customer."""

if you are supplying from 1000 to 2000--then to customer--then it will be termed as Intercompany STO--Not intercompany sales!!

Note: Single step process and Two step process will be done only in STO scenarios--

You cannot find this step process in Inter company sales.

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
if you are supplying from 1000 to 2000--then to customer--then it will be termed as Intercompany STO--Not intercompany sales!!

Explain to me the difference between the two, to me those terms don't exist. Intercompany is always a sale, company 2000 can't sell something they don't own.

The only difference, is if the product is shipped directly from plant 1000 or from 2000. But there is still a sale between the two companies in both cases, in both cases there is a billing document from company 1000 to 2000 and therefore a sale.

But I'd rather discuss the process instead of semantics....