cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.30- How to make it editable for new connections

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Looking for some guidance here--I have installed SAP GUI 7.30. It is grayed out by default, and I cannot edit to add new connection entries.

Can someone suggest the steps to make it editable, so I could add new entries?

Regards

Shaji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Click left top corner of the Sap Logon screen, go to options. In options window click Sap Logon Options and in the general menu you can see Disable editing of connection entries. Untick.

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaji,

With SAP logon pad, you can't edit or create a new connection. You need to install saplogon. Basically SAP logon pad is ready only version, where editing is not possible. Can you tell what is the media file you have used for installation. While installing you might have selected the SAP logon pad alone, please select as show in image and try.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaji,

Make sure you are using "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\saplogon.exe" for 32-bit and "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\saplogon.exe" for 64-bit.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Once I installed SAP GUI 7.30 on my Windows 7, Saplogon.exe is no longer there. Instead what I have is Saplgpad.exe. Executing that  app will bring the same screen with no edit capabilities.

I think its controlled through Regedit. Don't know the right settings/values in Regedit to make it editable.

Regards

Shaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaji,

The quickest way to correct this is to copy saplogon.exe file from the installation DVD and paste it into "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\".  Create a new desktop shortcut and remove the old one.

Cheers,

Dan Mead