cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order type FD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can this Sales order type FD be used referencing normal sales orders - not returns?

I want to send a couple of items to the customer free of charge.The original sales order is already PGId.

I dont want any billing documents but only to reduce the stock.

Thanks,

Meghna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Meghna,

Do you want to create one free of charge transaction or is it a requirement to build a process?

If it is only for one FC transaction, then create a FC order with VA01 and give the reference no. in field PO number or some other field. Building copy control configuration is too big an investment.

Added: creating FC referencing to normal sales cycle is not done often.

User can make use of Free goods functionality in a sales order itself. Or can edit an already created sales order and add free goods to a new line item with the correct item category.

Typewriter

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter - added in blue

naveen_kaluti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Meghna,

As suggested above you can create sales order FD without any reference to the original order in the system.

As per standard system we cant create FD order type with reference to OR order type since there are no copy control settings maintained.

However if you want to create FD with reference to OR and have a requirement where in this process will be used repeatedly, then you can go ahead and config the copy control settings.

The SDF "Subs.Dlv.Free of Ch." is the document we create to send material to customer with regards to return delivery and it is created with reference to the original order and the item catg KLN determined is not relevant for billing, guess this document type better fits your requirement.

Regards

Naveen K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks TW.

It is not one time - It is a requirement to build a process.

Currently we are doing the same by adding a new line to the already PGId original sales order but we would like to make use of free of charge functionality.

So my only option is using SD order type referencing the original PGId sales order and since it has KLN item category - there wont be any billing involved and the stock is sent to the customer free of charge.

Am I correct?

Thanks,

Meghna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Naveen.

My only concern is if I use SD order type, I have to reference to the Original sales order of OR type since there is no retuns involved in our process.

I just want SD order with KLN item category referencing the original pgid sales order and no billing is needed since the customer needs to get the items free of cost.

Am i correct in this?

Thanks,

Meghna.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I just want SD order with KLN item category referencing the original pgid sales order

Based on the suggestions given already, please test in your system and still if you have any issue, please post here.  For certain queries, you will be the best judge by testing on your own.  By this way, you can learn the standard functionality.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Meghna,

You are on the right track.

Also, as Lakshmipathi has said, by testing / configuring yourself and testing, you would get great learning and experience. If there are any issues related to SDF, there is lot of material in the internet.

You could read the theory of FD and SDF, this will give you ideas about functionalities you could add in your process (e.g. delivery block etc.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks TW - that's all I wanted to hear..

I'll test this functionality.

Meghna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmipathi.

I'll test this functionality now in our system.

Meghna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes this can be used for free of charge deliveries without return order reference. What you need to do is to maintain copy control between FD and your normal sales order and make FD sales order with reference to normal sales order. If you want you can also make copy control settings between SD and normal sale order's billing document. It is up to you how you use FD document. There is no specific rule for using it. 

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.