cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Management and Financial Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our Federal client uses WBS for Inter-Agency Agreements, They use a simple structure to collect costs and define budget availability at the WBS level.  They also have a need for a Project Management tool, with milestones, resource tracking, etc.  However, this would not easily integrate into the way that they use WBS for financial purposes due to the structure that the business needs have for a higher level Project Management approach.  The WBS currently represent individual agreements, whereas the Project Management function would span many agreements.  The agency would not like to move away from the current financial structure.

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to either forward or somehow statistically shadow the WBS that are used for financial purposes into a parallel Projects setup.  Is that possible?  I know that you can have a cost center and statistical WBS, but don't know if there's a way to do it with two Projects structures.  Please let me know your thoughts / suggestions.

Best regards,

Tony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

adam_sobkowicz2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello Tony,

What I can say. Maybe you should use SAP PPM as a operational Project Management tool and integrate it with WBS elements and projects in SAP PS. Probably it will be the best solution for you.

The second way is to use a second project structure for project management as you wrote, with different number of this project. So you will have 2 structures one for actual posting of costs and the second for rest management needs and statistical posting of costs. Probably you will need CO substitution for posting of costs to post costs on these 2 structures.

There will be many other conditions to get right solution but I think this 2 ways are possible.

Adam