cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing multiple deliveries

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have this scenario where during a replenishment run (IS-Retail by the way) multiple deliveries were created for the same store, with same delivery date (multiple reasons, like the second delivery was created after an adjusment to the STO, trust me ... it just happens in the real world).

These two deliveries will be shipped to the same store, in a single container, but after picking (TOs confirmed) the load ends up having two semi-full pallets that need consolidation.

I have to tell the logistics people they can't do it, because SAP WM doesn't allow packing of two deliveries in the same pallet. This is.... absurd from a business perspective. Is there any workaround for this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

There is no "workaround" but standard SAP does in fact allow packing multiple different delivery cartons into a higher HU. With the use of shipments to combine the deliveries the mixed deliveries can be packed into a shipment level pallet.

It is common practice to combine deliveries with same ship-to and same delivery date in a single shipment to allow higher level packing.

JR

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We do use shipments to aggregate multiple deliveries, but we use WM and the packing is done at the delivery level in the TO.

That solves some situations where I want to consolidate two pallets, I'll try that thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your welcome, normaly delivery level packing would be carton level unless for the full LE (pallet) qty. So the normal practice (when dealing with more then one delivery that needs to be combined) would be to pack the delivery level cartons in a shipment pallet(s). That can be problematic if using VLSP (subsequent delivery split) but otherwise it works great.

Best of luck with your project

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

megadisc
Participant
0 Kudos

how to combine 2 delivery orders into one packing list ?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please do not hijack someone's post and add your post and that too 6 years old. Create a new discussion after searching to find out answers to your query