Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date format in SAP Netweaver Gateway

velsankar_sundar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to SAP Netweaver Gateway. When i tired to do the Create Operation in the Gateway. I found that the date should be given in the below format. ( 2014-04-06T00:00:00 ).

My question is from the front end UI5 screen if we are passing the Contract Start date how can we pass the date with timestamp. Is it necessary should be pass the date only in the above said format. If so, in which format the date will go to the backend RFC. Currently the date field is of 8 chars. kindly suggest

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Velsankar,

The date format which you are sending is correct . i.e., 2013-11-20T00:00:00

Yes. GW excepts the above mentioned format and should be sent as above.

Since your Date property is defined as Edm.DateTime , GW itself will convert in to the desired format YYYYMMDD which can be straight away passed to the RFC or whatever logic you are using.

For Time if Edm Core Type is Edm.Time you need to send in the format PT11H00M00S and in back-end you get in desired format i.e., HHMMSS.

No need to write any logic to extract Date or Time in DPC provided you are using proper Edm Core Type. GW itself will take care of everything.

If at all if you would like to send Date and Time in single property i mean like 2013-11-20T23:01:01 use Data element /IWCNT/DOC_CREATED_DATETIME to define DateTime.

In DPC use REGEX to remove ' -:T ' and extract Date and Time accordingly.

On proper extracting you will get Date as 20131120 and Time as 230101.

Regards,

Ashwin