cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Proof of Delivery against one Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Is it possible in ECC to post multiple Proof of Deliveries (POD's) against a single delivery?  Also need to know if it is possible, can is still be done after the first POD has been billed.  Is there a user exit or note that can be applied to accomplish this?  Let me know if this makes sense.  Thanks in advance.

-Eric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Eric,

as per your seceniro there is no multiple POD date conformation for one delivery in the standred behavior , the only way is to create Z Development for your issue .

you can create Z development  as per Moazzama idea or you do changes for the satandred progam SAPMV50 ,  as per below logic .

pof qty should change to editible mode and pod qty should attach to ZTable that matches with delivery qty after multiple POD has done according to your option .POD indicator also has to change according to ZTable .now these POD partial qty has to link with billing .discuss with abaper to know the possiblites with this solution .

but this is not recommended .this will show affect at the time of upgreadation or you can raise note for this to SAP.

Regards ,

C.B Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback everyone.  We will have to look at either a custom approach, or changing the business process to accommodate standard SAP.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric, it seems we can execute VLPOD multiple times for single item delivery.

See SAP Note 1785626

mohammed_fathelbab
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohammed,

I understand what t-code VLPOD is used for, I was referring to what t-code VLPODF is used for.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see below thread scenario .We will use VLPODF t.code where murali dharan has explained a scenario.

POD Difference quantity needs to accounted | SCN

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Narendra.  Are you aware of any user exits that exist to change the POD functionality?

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is not possible and neither it makes sense. When we delivery materiaol on one delivery then it should be received at same time. If there are multiple deliveries received then you should create separate delivery for every one. What is your business and in which scenrio you need to do multiple PODs?

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

MoazzaM,

Thanks for your reply.  We are a distributor, and our business requires the need for certain customers to be able to confirm their delivery prior to the billing process.  If we were delivering a truckload of supplies to a customer, and that truckload made up one line of a sales order (for example a truckload of generators).  We would create one delivery for that sales order line.  The customer may not unload that entire truck in a day.  They would only post a POD against what they unloaded.  If on day 2, they verified another portion of the truck, then they would not be able to post another POD against the same delivery line.  Am I correct in understanding your response?

Is there a user exit that can be invoked to change this?

What about t-code VLPODF, what is the purpose of this t-code?

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have never came across such userexit which can change this functionality. I think you have to go for some custom built check or you have to improve or change your operational process according to SAP process. I have once written a document on this which is not fulfilling your requirement but still you can have an idea that how can we use customization to fulfill our requirement or change our scenario according to the requirement.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-46672

Thank$