cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The wrong value shown in parent WBS

0 Kudos

Hi,

The wrong value shown in parent WBS, the sum of the child WBS value is not reflected in parent WBS. We are reconstructing the project but it is not updated.

For your understanding I have attached the screen shot in below. Any kind of assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gerry_hodgins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The system designe of  CJ34 (CJ35 -> CJ38 as well)

performs the transfer not only on the sender/receiver WBS elements

but also on the respictive WBS elements lying on the "path" above  in the hierarchy.

This means

-> budget sender is not only child WBS element but

also for parent WBS element.

-> budget reciever is not only child WBS element but

also parent WBS element

This is a matter of taste  (i.e. whether to perform the transfer on common hierarchically

superordinated positions or not)

Ways around this are .....

1. Temporarily undo BMLK (budget locked) status prior to posting
   budget transfers.

or:

2. Instead of system status BMLK define and introduce a user status
   that forbidds all budgeting activities  e x c e p t
   KBUE  Budget transfer (receiver)
   KBUS  Budget transfer (sender)
   KBUT  Budget transfer (transfer).

or (easiest option!):

3. M o d i f y  the transaction control of system status BMLK by
   permitting transactions
   KBUE  Budget transfer (receiver)
   KBUS  Budget transfer (sender)
   KBUT  Budget transfer (transfer).

(This can be done via txn BS22 and double click on status I0063.)

Note that this is a modification (not customizing)

0 Kudos

Hi Asutosh,

You given the screen shot of CJ31.In this the fig in budget column in firstly entered values in budgeting activity.While the values in current budget represent the budget fig of this instance considering budget updates(Supplement,Transfer,Return).

Say you give original budget 1000USD in CJ30 & after that you see in CJ31 the both column shows same fig.

if we supplement 500 USD then in Budget column you see 1000 while in Current Budget column you see 1500 USD.

Use report S_ALR_87013560 for budget updates if happened any.

Regards,

Sachin.

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

We have returned the value from child level. But it is not updated the sum value in parents WBS in current budget. We have already tried to return the excess value from parents WBS through CJ38/CJ35. But it is not allow.

Thanks,

Asutosh

0 Kudos

Hi Asutosh,

I think you forgot to total up at time of budget return, that's why budget was returned only from corresponding WBS and not from its parent at same time.

Please provide the screen shot of error occur at time of return from parent WBS.

Regards,

Sachin.

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

At the time of budget return i hv already click of the overall values too in CJ35. So that the value is automatically update the parents. In this case it is not happened.

Thanks,

Asutosh

0 Kudos

Hi Asutosh,

The Overall Value too is not for update value to parent WBS.This is used if you are using Annual as well as Overall budgeting then in CJ35 if you mark this system will take budget return from both Annual as well as Overall values.

So can not take budget return from parent WBS in CJ35.Point out where you think parent WBS value is wrong.

Regards,

Sachin.

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

We are not update the value annual. We have budgeted the value in overall. I have already provide the screen shot in earlier mail. Kindly refer it.

Thanks,

Asutosh