0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I have below 5 Levels of WBs elements

T-06425-01

T-06425-01-01

T-06425-02-01-01

T-06425-02-01-01-01

T-06425-02-01-01-01-01

If I want to allocate Budget directly at Level 5 WBS element in CJ30, system will automatically check Budget available at upper levels 4,3,2 and 1.

Once assigned in Levels 1,2,3,4 then only i can allocate the budget right?

No my quesion in standard do we have any option in directly giving budget at Level 5 only and save, If we do like this system will throw budget exceeded at upper levels of WBS.

Please Suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pavan gupta wrote:

my quesion in standard do we have any option in directly giving budget at Level 5 only and save, If we do like this system will throw budget exceeded at upper levels of WBS.

Firstly I want to tell you that, When you enter budget at level 5 in CJ30 and total-up, then it will consider only to level 5 not for all other.

You are facing error because I think after entering budget, you are not performing total-up.

Procedure:

1)Goto CJ30->Enter Project Definition only not WBS->Press Enter

2)Now select your level 5 WBS->Enter Budget->Select Column ->Menubar->Edit->Total-Up

Now check & save. This budget will consider to level5 only.

Regards

Shishir

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear pavan,

budgeting cant be carried at directly level 5 but it can be carried out at any level

note that when you carry out budgeting at lower level like 5th level then that budget is totalled up at upper level,but still the controlling element is the 5th level WBS element and already as budget is consumed at 5th level then the upper levels are having nill budget,so if you even raise the PR or PO at upper level i,e, at level 4,3,2,1 then system shall throw error and you can control  even when you carry out budget at lower level,

hope this shall help you to convince and answer your client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Assign Budget to level 5 WBS to T-06425-02-01-01-01-01 say 1000 and also enter sme value at WBS         T-06425-01 as overall value manually.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

This is not possible in the standard system to allocate budget directly to lower level in WBS. You have to allocated budget from upper level to lower level.

Regards,

mukesh

former_member189209
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please co ordinate with your ABAPer and write Project validation - for 4 level WBS Elements -it will work

Thanking you

Mahesh

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In PS it is bottom up budget, you will enter budget @ last level of WBS and it will total up to 1st level.

your question is not clear pls elaborate.