Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webdynpro application url not running in internet explorer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

this is Ram. My problem is

I develop a webdynpro application.After generating a URL while testing it, it is not WORKING in internet explorer.it shows an error message

"INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT DISPLAY THE WEBPAGE"-----(IN WINDOWS XP)

"CERTIFICATE ERROR"------(IN WINDOWS 8).

but when i copy the url address and run it on another browser(like google chrome,mozilla firefox) it is perfectly working.

Here my Question is

1)Is there any settings to do for working the url in INTERNET EXPLORER

2)Is it possible to change the default webbrowser while testing the GENERATED URL in webdynpro abap(internet explorer to google chrome)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

thirus11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

1) Try adding the SAP Server hostname in your destop (not server) in etc/hosts file.

Example

192.168.10.15 sapserverhostname (and press Enter & Save)

2) See if the following link helps:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/46/d28dfa34bb12bee10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

3) This might also be due to inactive HTTPS ICM service. Try to check if you use HTTPS and if it is           activated.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Thiru

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)Is there any settings to do for working the url in INTERNET EXPLORER

There is nothing to do at IE, It seems like there is SSL certificate is not installed in your system and ask your basis team to install the valid SSL certificate.

Please refer the below links

My URL is not opening in browser! - Website sec... | SCN

Try to use compatible view in IE:

Is it possible to change the default webbrowser while testing the GENERATED URL in webdynpro 

There is nothing to do at web dynpro level, to detect default browser of your system. Instead you need to change the default browser IE to CHROME in your system. So that when you run WD application, it opens up in Chrome.

Please refer the below link

Make Chrome your default browser - Chrome Help

Hope this helps you.

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I Changed Google chrome as default browser.But still the url is opening in internet explorer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

• Click on the Windows logo to open the Start menu, then select Control Panel. The Control Panel window will open.
  • Click on the link labeled Programs. The Programs panel will open.

113f7b1b820e1b71faeb5aa77e042443-1259804950-833-1.png
  • Click on the link labeled Set your default programs. The Set your default programs panel will open.

113f7b1b820e1b71faeb5aa77e042443-1259801252-815-1.png
  • In the Programs list on the left side of the window, click Firefox / Chrome ....
  • In the right side of the window, click Set this program as default.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I Changed chrome as default browser.But In WEBDYNPRO ABAP still the url is opening in internet explorer.

former_member194739
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In IE latest version, go to tools, compatible view settings, Add that URL in Add this website text box.

Regards,

Abbas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tried it.but thats not working...