SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget transfer from one commitment to other commitment in FMBBC

prasad_satam
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

We are facing an issue with transfer of budget from one one commitment item to other commitment item.

below is the detail for commitment from where the budget needs to be transfer.

Now I can see in FMAVCR01 the amount is exactly same as per above

My client wants to transfer the Rs, 50,00,000.00 to some other commitment item. But while executing t-code FMBBC for transfer of budget with Auto Release system shows error message that Available budget is 4934510.28 is not sufficient to transfer.

The above amount is Current year budget (C) less Total Consumption (F).

Now my query is why system is considering only current year budget at the time of transfer with total consumption.

It should consider total budget (E) and less Total Consumption (F).

Will you please guide me on this.

Regards,

Prasad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Budget activities are fiscal year dependent,availability checked for 2014.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Budget activities are fiscal year dependent,availability checked for 2014.

0 Kudos

Dear Rabin,

Thanks for your reply.

Budget activities are year dependent -- I agree.

But why system doesn't consider last year carried foreword commitments against last year  carried forward budget as I explained above with screenshot.

Kindly elaborate little more.

regards,

PS

0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you using the same budget type for budget which is carried-forward from previous year and the one, which you introduce in the current year? If you use different types, then it might be the reason for availability message.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hie Eli,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have checked in the system.

BT01- Normal Budget

CF01- Carry Forward Budget

Carry Forward of budget done with CF01 and New budget introduced with BT01.

Now through FMBBC user is using BT01 to transfer from one commitment item to other commitment item considering overall budget.

How to avoid this error in this case.

Kindly guide.

Regards,

Prasad

0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, as I suggested, it explains it... You have different possibilities:

a) use same budget type for carry-forward and entry (for future; what is done is done)

b) split the amount your transfer document in two by budget type

c) re-configure AVC ledger, etc.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

Thanks for your suggestions above.

The suggestions (a).. I agree with you and we will take care of it for future carry forwards. However we want to solve the existing issue as well.

For suggestion (b) by splitting the amount using two budget type, I believe you are trying to say that:

we must also transfer using budget type CF01 (Carry forward Budget) along with the regularly used BT01.

Firstly, the system is not allowing to do this transfer. It give an error "Combination SEND/CF01 is not allowed  for status ALL , Budget".

Secondly, according to me, this also does not seems to be correct/logical because when we carry forward budget from last year, it already contains blocked commitments against it which are also being carried forwarded along with the budget.

So assuming the system allowed the transfer using CF01 as you suggested we will end up using the CF budget twice (for the previous year commitments as well as for the transfer budget).

The system is considering the current year budget, however considering the totals commitments(Current as well as Carry Forward) as explained above. If the commitment is considered in total then the budget should also be total(current budget + carry forward ).

Alternatively both Budget as well commitment should only be of current year.

For suggestion (c), we are not sure what did you mean by reconfiguring AVC ledger. Can you please elaborate which specific area we shall reconfigure to resolve the above issue.

Can you please help to resolve the issue and also guide us on the configuration for AVC check as far as budget transfer is concerned.

Thanks,

Prasad

Message was edited by: prasad satam

0 Kudos

Hi,

As for the status (option b), you can add it to the budget type in question. You won't be carrying-forward the budget twice: don't be alarmed by this. If the budget was already carried-forward with the commitment, it won't be carried-forward once more. But, as the status was not set, I doubt if it was carried-forward.

For option (c) I meant defining consumable budget for AVC ledger, adding both budget types to the budget checked by the system.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

Thanks for your reply.