cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a requirement to Migrate the OLD kpro server ( Content Server 630, MaxDB 7.5, Windows 2003 32-bit) to the NEW kpro server ( Content Server 640, MaxDB 7.8, Windows 2008 64-bit).

Following are the installations i have done on Windows 2008 64 bit.

1) Installed Content Server 640.

2) Installed MaxDB 7.6.and Upgraded MaxDB to 7.8.

3) Backed up the Database of MaxDB 7.5.

4) Restored the database of MaxDB 7.5 to MaxDB 7.8.

5) Connected the Content Server to the SAP System.

All the above steps completed successfully. Content Server is up and running however Content Repository's status is showing OFFLINE. CSADMIN or ContentServer URL shows repository is offline. I tried deleting and recreating content repository multiple time but no luck. Does anyone have any idea?

ServerType="SAP HTTP Content Server";serverVendorId="Copyright SAP AG, All rights reserved 1998, 2001";serverVersion="6400";serverPatch="9";serverBuild="201";pVersion="0046";serverStatus="running";serverStatusDescription="";serverDate="2014-04-18";serverTime="05:46:33";startUpDate="2014-04-18";startUpTime="05:06:37";lastAccessDate="2014-04-18";lastAccessTime="05:43:29";
contRep="ZTEST";contRepStatus="offline";pVersion="0046";storage="ContentStorage";storageVersion="015";storageBuild="201";contRepDescription="Test DMS";contentStorageHost="test";contentStorageName="SDB";secKeyVerification="y";defaultDocProt="";

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

janlars_goedtke
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

just to be sure:

Is the schema (user) the same as before? (default is sapr3)

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu, Stephan

Thanks for replying. I had already tried options which you had recommended however that did not help.

Since last two days I was able to do something and now my "Content Repository" is in running status. As per following help.sap link my system tables were outdated, so I executed this command and repository is showing running now.

load_systab - SAP Documentation

However right now I am not able to access documents from tcode CV03n. If I check the logs from SLG1 it shows that "HTTP 404 Document Not Found". Any idea?

Thansk

StephanGesell
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

perhaps you get some more infos from ContentServer trace:
Add Parameter FullTrace=1 in section [ContentServer] of file ContentServer.ini
and set permission "RW everyone" to file cs_trace.txt in same directory (usually "Program Files\SAP\Content Server\cs_trace.txt"). Finally restart IIS.

Can you pls. try to store some new documents in the repository? Perhaps only the retrieval fails.

Regards, Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephan,

I will try to increase the trace. Can you tell me how to store a document? I am not aware of that part.

Thanks

StephanGesell
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

you can use TA CV01N and try to store a DMS document. Or you can use report RSCMST: enter the repository in question and press F8. The report provides a list with several test cases. You will find some more details in http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1482012

Regards, Stephan

StephanGesell
Explorer
0 Kudos

Please use transaction CSADMIN and connect to the repository (or to the new 640 content server).

Check the "Status" on the "Details" tab.

If it is not "running": switch from "display" to "change" mode and press the "start" button (open lock).

Additionally have a look at the "Certificates" tab: send and activate the current certificate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Please check whether the MAXDB service is up and running.

Go to Start >> Control Panel >> Administrative Tools >> Services

Regards,