cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's is minimum sizing requirements for BW 7.4 fresh install on HANA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there any official document to size a BW on HANA with BW 7.4 fresh install - no data transferred?

1)In other words what would be the minimum HANA appliance requirement to have BW 7.4 installed on say a dev box - no HANA studio, no other components installed.. e.a would 256 GB single node plenty enough? or 512?

This is not yet important but I also would like to know the followings

2) A minimum HANA appliance size required to have an operational BW 7.4 with scale out version

3) Additional sizing to install Java stack

4) Additional size to install BOBJ 4.1

5) Additional size to install HANABPC add-on

6) HANA studio

So ultimately I would like to know how much each application/component(#1- to #6) needs to order a proper box. Therefore I can properly calculate how big appliance I should order for example if I need BW 7.4 on a single node(#1) with Java stack installed on same box(#3)  (+ 50GB for HANA fixed memory need for statistics caches etc for each single node).  

Cheers,

Tansu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tansu,

an empty BW 7.4 is about 25 GB and even with room for cache, HANA services, and temporary memory it fits nicely into 100 GB of RAM.

Not sure how much data you want to load and how long you will need such environment. You could check the trial offer (you could install the missing pieces yourself easily):

SAP BW Powered by SAP HANA – Trial Offer | Sales | Line of Business | SAP HANA Marketplac...

Regards,
Marc
SAP Strategic Customer Engagements (SCE)

Answers (0)