cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we define cursors from in procedure while using .procedure file?

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Can we define cursors from in procedure while using .procedure file?

I have a catalog procedure in which am using cursors and it is working fine. But while trying to create the same procedure using .procedure , the validation is failing with "An error occurred while parsing your procedure".

Request your suggestions.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Yes, local procedures are the same as you can do with create procedure. I guess this is an error on validation itself, try to disable it and activate again.

Can you please share a screen shoot or the error message pointing to it?

Regards, Fernando Da Rós

PS: Is this system SP7? Maybe you should check new type .hdbprocedure

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

Can you please guide me on how to disable validation for a this .procedure object?

when i tried to activate directly, it gave me an error mentioned below:

What does the above mean?

I am unable to share the screenshot of the validation error, as it has customer specific information, but essentially it shows kind of validation error near BEGIN statement. As i have my cursor definition above it.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to that , i was able to create using .hdbprocedure, but am finding the procedure created under the schema but not under the content; it is still acting like a catalog procedure even in rev 73.

have a look on this thread:

Would like to know your thoughts on this.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

former_member182114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I also tried to find the validation for procedure and failed. What was on my mind when I posted earlier was related to Window -> Properties -> SAP HANA -> Modeler -> Validation Rules but this is not the same for procedure.

Also the validation error seems to not being raised by Studio but the server, so it's not a frontend validation anyway.

Trying to replicate your error I create two procedures here and both worked fine with cursor.

The behavior you found was the same I found, the .procedure goes to repository and _SYS_BIC after activation and .hdbprocedure goes to catalog only.

As far as I understood as you are moving from catalog (manually) and it worked on catalog (.hdbprocedure), I could check the declaration of table types of header as it's the main difference.

Despite this investigation of declaration, you can try create it on modeler direct and see what you found on .procedure created. This can speed up investigation.

Regards, Fernando Da Rós

BTW: I'm faced an very strange behavior that each caracter I type on .procedure or .hdbprocedure freezes studio by around 15 seconds ?!?!?!?! (studio rev73)