Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical System (Application Server ABAP) - problem with data supplier

Former Member
0 Kudos

My system had problems, I believe with the Data Supplier in LMDB
there are errors

How can I update / re-add in the SLD/LMDB data supplier?
And how can you get it working correctly providers who do not receive the data (though the system sees them)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

I was able to resolve the issue by working with the following notes:

1869701 - Overview of the SLD Data Suppliers of Technical Systems

This note described the common data suppliers that were involved with the technical instance data supplier error.  From there I was pointed to this note:

1717846 - sapstartsrv SLD registration

This note describes the steps to restart the sapstartsrv which then updates the slddest.cfg file.  It also pointed me to the log file dev_sldregs.  The log file showed that I was pointing to a legacy SLD.  The note then provided instructions for updating the slddest.cfg with the new SLD URL, user and port.  I then restarted the sapstartsrv process in the MMC, per the note, and that resolved the data supplier issue for us. 

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos

Hello!

Are you solved your problem? If so, tell me how to do it

0 Kudos

Also try and check this one: 2099561 - Superfluous warning of obsolete data from Outside
Discovery in the LMDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

you can use RZ70 in managed system and their you can run that to get data specify all mandatory things

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b00462bb-b7a0-2a10-8da6-f6b89834f...

you can use central SLD

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra

RZ70 <-> SLD is not my problem. This connection works fine. The problem are the missing data supplier in Solution Manager LMDB.

Kind regards

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

It seems issue is in SLD as mentioned data comes from SLD .Please do as below.

1)Log on to SLD-->Technical systems-->Then select your managed system

2)Once selected,In below screen you will see all details related to system i.e SID,Database name,instalattion num,Installed products.

3)As per your error screen the Database details and appserver details are missing or details wrong.

4)So cross check Database and instance tabs of system in SLD.Correct if any wrong.

5)If all details correct in SLD then delete technical system in LMDB and resync from SLD.

Thanks,

Prakash Reddy Maram

0 Kudos

Hi Prakash

Thank you for your reply.

On my opinion the database details in SLD are correct:

Anyway -> i manually synchronize technical system from SLD but the problem still exists.

Best regards

Robert

0 Kudos

Is your problem solved Michael? I'm facing the same problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

0 Kudos

Hi Prakash

I have checked data in SLD. Push timestamp ist OK. Communication between ABAP system and SLD works fine.

I'm not sure about step 3.) Where do i have to "sync from SLD"

You mean this sync in LMDB?

Best regards

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You can push an update from Solution Manager (the data supplier) to the SLD in transaction RZ70. There should be a button labeled "Start Data Collection and Job Scheduling". If your jobs are scheduled and everything is set up correctly, then starting your data collection will force an update ahead of schedule. (By default, the update is scheduled every 720 minutes -- i.e. 12 hours).

On the Java side, you need to push via the Visual Administrator (when you're at NW 7.02, that changes in 7.3 to the NWA), but you didn't ask that.

Typically, LMDB grabs an incremental update from SLD every 10 minutes or so. Check for a job called SAP_LMDB_LDB_0000000001. If your SLD-LMDB connection is not working properly, you may need to reset it. (SOLMAN_SETUP (as solman_admin or equivalent). Then system preparation -->5 Prepare Landscape). See SAP help on this Synchronization Between SLD and LMDB - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library.

Also, on the first screen you showed, System Landscape Technical System - Display, if you click Edit, then click on the advanced button, there is an option to Resynchronize Technical System from SLD. I haven't tried that, but that may actually be what you're looking for.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

--Tom

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

The SLD synchronisation may not work if the Data Supplier with name ABAPInstanceKernel is missing. Check sap Note 1869701 to solve this issue, then customer should be able to follow Note 1952282 successfully.

Run job SM:UPDATE RULES (can also be run manually). If problem is still unresolved, resync the data in SLD.

Thanks

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikram Jain wrote:

If problem is still unresolved, resync the data in SLD.

Thanks

Vikram

I am sorry, but maybe you tell me how to make a resync?