cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 base prices, none required

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client has 3 different base prices (copy of PR00) and one is used for each division.

They have one pricing procedure and one order type.

They manually enter a base price depending on the division by selecting the correct pricing condition type.  Sometimes users forget to enter one of the 3 base prices causing invoices to go out with only discounts and surcharges, no base.

Since all 3 base prices are on the pricing procedure and they manually enter the valid base price on the order, how can you make one mandatory?

I don't think you can use condition exclusion for this since there are no pricing master records set up, it's all manual entry.

Thanks in advance.

Pam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pam,

You want to ensure that your users have to maintain one base price as per the division before saving the sales order and moving to delivery.

I feel this could be done through the standard system itself. I tried working on your scenario and here are the results:

1. Pricing Procedure snapshot:

In the pricing procedure, I have maintained 3 base price condition types (copy of PR00) and checked them for manual entry. Then at step 40 - Gross Value, assign a subtotal 1. This could be the base for calculating your discounts also. The Gross value would pick up the manual price condition entered by the user and store it in Subtotal1 - KZWI1.

2. Maintain In-Completion Log with the field KZWI1 at the item level.

This way you ensure, if the subtotal 1 is incomplete you would get a message accordingly for completion.

3. Create Sales Order to check the results:

I created a Sales Order and checked the Item Conditions, Subtotal was showing 0. I tried saving the doc, the system gave me a incomplete doc message once I manually entered the value for HR00, everything worked fine and I was able to save the doc.

I hope this addresses your issue.

Regards

Swaroop

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Swaroop,

very nice screens shots and you used only standard in achieving this.

From you--today i learnt a new way of thinking.

Good and keep it up man.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the appreciation, Phani.

But, I am not really sure if the issue is actually as simple as I presume it to be. The requirement of the company might be much more than it actually looks like. As Lakshmipathi sir suggested it might require creating a pricing routine in VOFM.

I hope Pam would comment on the same.

Regards

Swaroop

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swaroop,

The solution you sent above for the 3 different base price conditions adding up to a subtotal and then adding that subtotal to the incompletion log for the order worked.  We are going to implement it.  We are still looking at a requirement to help eliminate duplication of the same pricing condition.

Thank you very much for your advice. 

Pam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.  Since freight charges are being added to the order via condition records, the order is getting a net value without there being a base price so it is not considered incomplete.  I can't use division in the access sequence because these are manually added base prices, they don't maintain condition records.

What type of pricing routine would you use?  I was thinking of a user exit to check if xxxx, yyyy or zzzz is not entered, then block the order from billing.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
What type of pricing routine would you use?

Execute VOFM where you can see on top couple of menu bars.  Click on "Requirements > Pricing" where your technical team has to create a zee routine, add the logic and you need to assign this to your pricing condition type.  For this, you or your technical team needs Access Key which is a secret code provided by SAP.

I was thinking of a user exit to check

Yaa you can go with exit also but at a later date, if you want to track all changes related to pricing, it is easy if you achieve this requirement via routine rather an exit.  All you have to do is just go to pricing procedure, see what routine is assigned and navigate to that routine so that you will come to know what validation is set.  This is not possible in case you go for user exit.   You have to depend on technical team each and every time.  That is why, I suggested to go with routine.

G. Lakshmipathi

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apart form Lakshmipathi sir advice i think you may also consider the below

Sometimes users forget to enter one of the 3 base prices causing invoices to go out with only discounts and surcharges, no base.

How system is calculating the discount with out base price. Usually it should calculate based on base price. Let us assume you are also calculating the discount based on base value.

If i understood your requirement correct then you can consider the below

1st option : Maintain in-completion procedure with error message when the net value is Zero. So that system will not allow to save the document.In this case you can continue with existing pricing setup.

2nd option: let us assume division vise the material price is fixed so in that maintain only one condition type for the base price and make it mandatory in V/08 against the condition type so that system will not allow to save the document with out base price.

Define a table which contains division as one key combination and place this table in first place in the access sequence and assign this access sequence to pricing condition type.

Please try in your ides system first, i did not check this.

thanks,

Srinu.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is going to be one manual condition type, then it can be achieved via standard configuration itself such that order cannot be saved without entering the pricing condition type.  But in your case, since the same pricing procedure is being used by all the Divisions, you need to go with creating a pricing routine in VOFM, add the required logic and assign this in pricing procedure

G. Lakshmipathi