cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Sales return should not pick Customer Account should go to Revenue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

I have a problem with Cash sales return.

At the time of invoicing for cash sales the accounting entry generates as follows.

340000 -      Sales Account (P/L) -                Cr. -      11844.00-

143400 -      Output Vat -                              Cr. -         618.85-

325100 -      Packing Charges Rec. -             Cr. -         500.00-

430500 -     Rounding off charges -                Cr. -           00.35-

266001 -     Receipt from Cash Sales (B/S)    Dr.-      12371.00 (266001 Account is a B/S Account, Account Group Sundry Debt. Without Recon Account)

430400 -      Discount charges (P/L) -            Dr. -          592.20

But When I reverse the sales all the GL except the 266001 getting reversed as it is. 266001- Receipt from Cash Sales Account is reversing with some Cash sales Customer with Recon Account. Means customer account 100009 - Cash Sales is our one time customer with a recon account No. 266000. The value is hitting that Customer account.

I want 266001 Receipt from Cash Sales (B/S) should get reversed.

Please help me to reverse that sales transaction as it is. I don't want any customer with recon account should get posted. Please tell me the logic also why the Customer cash sales come into picture while reversing the sales invoice.

For Reference Please go through the files attached.

Thanks & Regards

Subrata Sarkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All FI postings from SD will happen based on Account Key you assign to your condition type in pricing procedure which will then be linked to G/L Account assigned in VKOA.  So check your pricing procedure for return sales what Account Key is maintained.  Next go to VKOA and check for what combination, G/L Account is assigned.  If you want to create a new combination for returns, you can do so via SD => Basic Functions => Account Assignment Costing => Revenue Account Determination => Define Access Sequences and Account Determination types

G. Lakshmipathi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Respected Lakshmipathiji--thanks for helping.

Yes--accounting key plays a vital role in GL determinations.

But here the issue is at the time of invoice creation--accounting will be Customer Account Dr(here system will throw the Recon assigned at CMR)

But here in returns he got some other GL--so i suggested like above.

Pl correct me sir here in my approach.

Phanikumar

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your first screen shows recon of 1xxxx9 and second one shows 26xxxx1.

Have you changed the recon account in customer master at the time of giving credit note??

Phanikumar