cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Profile of SAP WAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I am a beginner,i am doing my intership in SAP BW.

i want to send mails from the Business workplace of SAPBW. i read the help notes and came to know that i have to "ADJUST THE PROFILE OF THE SAP WAS ,IF I WANT TO USE THE SMTP FUNCTION".

using trans. 'RZ10',i found three profiles in my SAP BW system,those are:

1.DEFAULT PROFILE

2.START PROFILE

3.INSTANCE PROFILE.

which one of the above is the SAP WAS profile.

How to know which version of SAP WAS was installed in my system?

Thank you

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just as a follow up to the other info provided, the parameter you'll be looking for is icm/server_port_<xx> where <xx> is a number you set for the different protocols. More info on paramaterizing the ICM can be found here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/61/f5183a3bef2669e10000000a114084/content.htm

-bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

All three of these profiles are part of your SAP WAS server.

The start profile is used when SAP starts so it knows what kind of processes it needs to start. This one is not relevant to your question.

The default profile is a profile that is read by all application servers(instance) of your system(should you have more than one.

The instance profile is a unique profile linked to each application server and overwrites any parameter that also exists in the default profile.

This means you have only one default profile and one or more instance profiles.

In general, as you would only want one mailserver per system, you would adjust the parameters in your instance profile.

For more info about profiles check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c4/3a610f505211d189550000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Kind regards,

alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the version you click "Settings" in your GUI and System Status

The System profile is the Central instance profile