cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO LUMIRA on HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I connect to our SAP HANA system from LUMIRA there is a tick box called "Authenticate by operating System (SSO)". I am trying to find out the prereq for getting this to work, but so far I havn't been successful. Can anyone share some insight on this? Would be highly appreciated.

LUMIRA client version 1.15 patch1 (latest as of April 17th 2014)

br,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

You can perhaps refer to HANA Security Guide and look for SSO using Kerberos (this also support MS active directory).

There must be user mapping between OS user and DB user to make it work.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

update:  i upgraded to latest Lumira client (1.23) and SSO from Client to HANA is working OK now

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Have you by any chance had a peek at the following ?

Seems like Clint was also banging his head against a similar wall to you and very kindly blogged his findings.

Kindest Regards,

Amerjit

mathanponnucham
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Martin,

Please refer to the SAP Note 1837331 - HOWTO HANA DB SSO Kerberos/ Active Directory

Regards,

Mat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mat

this only explains setting up SSO to HANA - it does not include any mention of Lumira

I have my system set up so that BI4.1 client tools can SSO to SAP HANA, HANA Studio I can SSO to SAP HANA, but cannot connect SSO to HANA from Lumira.  There are no instructions in any Lumira user guide i can find.  I did see a note that mentioned adding pointers to bscLogin.conf & krb5.ini files (same as other client tools):

-Djava.security.auth.login.config=C:/WINNT/bscLogin.conf

-Djava.security.krb5.conf=C:/WINNT/krb5.ini

to SAPLumira.ini file, but this has no effect

What is the "secret" to getting SSO Lumira to HANA to work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

As per my reply to Martin, did you have a peek at the link I embedded in my reply to him ?

Cheers,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amerjit.  The link has a solution for Lumira Server, but at the moment we do not have server installed & just want to connect using desktop Lumira to HANA via SSO.  Do you know how to configure this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Martin,

exactly the same problem here.

Did you come to a solution?

BR

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

Unfortunately not. I have given up on it since we haven't so many users using Lumira as of now.

br,

Martin