cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job management setup using Solman_setup

jan_delarey
Explorer
0 Kudos

I want to implement job management via Solution manager but if I go to SPRO or Job Management via SOLMAN_SETUP no help or program guidance is displayed. Both my Solman systems are patched to 7.1 stack 10 wit the latest notes applied.

If action to check prerequisites is performed - it either does nothing or aborts after 10sec.

Similar when trying to configure in SPRO - when selecting activate services no list is provided etc

Solman_setup -> Job Management:

Any suggestions welcome!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

This is not in response to your question but I have one of my own for you. Did you copy transaction type SDCD to your customer namespace? I am just starting to set up Job Management (step 3.1 in SOLMAN_SETUP).

Thanks,

Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

I checked in my system, the same the initial step1  is not given any output log, seems its a bug. not sure what exactly this step doing

But after the execution of the step, the job *JSM_PRE_CHECK* completed successfully, so you can check, if the job completed, you proceed for next step.

moreover these are the pre requestie for job scheduling management, so you can refer the below for documentation and need to finish for JSM

Do refer here also Job Scheduling Management - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

Thanks

Jansi

jan_delarey
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback - I also discovered that even though step one in the Solman_setup Job Management config does nothing I could continue with step 2 etc. I am now working through all the config steps and the documentation. Will see how it pans out.

Thanks

Jan

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1 Go to solman setup work center and check if activation of piece list has been executed! if not, execute it in client.

2 After step1, please go to tcode 'SNRO', check number range.

also,

please check that you have followed all activities in SOLMAN_SETUP to ensure that the basic configuration and also JSM specific steps have been performed.

Thanks

Vikram