Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Points hunter.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Total Posts 8 == Total Points 80 .

Names match ( more or less J Anand Kumar and Anand Kumar Jayaraman are the same to me ) .

Dig deeper , take a look at all answers posted by Anand Kumar Jayaraman and all points awarded by same guy J Anand Kumar?

Regards

Bhavesh

PS: Can it be more obvious than this? I wonder why dont gamers use atleast different User Id's.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I propose a special place to notify these practices and ...points reward !!! if you find a hunter...

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I second that.

Maybe some mail id only to report such abuses. I have also seen one case when someone accused a true SDN contributor of gaming points and then it was found that the answer was valid enough.

Nobody intends to offend anybody personally and so maybe a anonymous mail id to post such instances would also make sense and avoid cases where maybe someone went overboard.

If found true, then the user can be publicy maligned and links posted by the moderator. This way you make sure that you are sure before you point fingers at someone.

I basically live on the XI forums and its strange that i missed something of this sort for such a long time .Also, what this brings into light is one point, Points gaming is very much on and will continue to do so.People who get caught I guess are the ones who actually ended up doing something very stupid and obvious.

If you play safe you can continue to play the game. Unfortunate , but that is how things are

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suspect a report of points to posts as a percentage would be quite enlightening!

Cheers

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I second the idea of an 'abuse reports' forum, my first nomination is

from SDN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>"I suspect a report of points to posts as a percentage would be quite enlightening!

"</i>

Right on. And if you could time-slice this data (some people game for a while and wisen up later(or maybe after a nudge from moderators)), there may be surprises galore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are a whole lot of questions in the portal content development forum that have been asked and answered by two people who seem to colluding.

For example /thread/356121 [original link is broken]

Of course it could be a coincidence that person a asks lots of questions and person b always gives such a good answer that they get full recognition, but I suspect differently.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why on earth do they bother?

Is it an ego thing, or is a free t-shirt really that appealing?

For gods sake, go down to the shops people - they're like 5 dollars........

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

It might be a coincidence.. but it does appear sort of 'strange'.. when almost all the questions are posted & answered on the same day - 03/25/07 & it is not limited two people as you can follow from this /message/3210428#3210428 [original link is broken] & digging deeper in to the questions ( & their replies) by the same pair.

another reason for suspicion is the initial posts by the person who answered all those diverse questions on 03/25/07.

Again, if it is just a coincidence, my apologies in advance..

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Coincidence!!!! wow!!! Look at the type of Questions posted...He starts of from SSO,JspDynpage,HTMLB and the suddenly he says I am new to Portal and Java!!!!

Wow that really is convincing!

Moreever if someone else answers those forums, even though it may be a better answer he does not receive a black star!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Friends,

Was ill for a couple of days and the statistics have totally changed !!!!

Vijay Singh, Vikas Chandra and Gaurav Shree ... great team work but this was not really expected from TCS guys !! Let's not misuse this forum for personal reasons.

As mentioned by my friend John, the t-shirt wouldn't be worth more than 5 dollars but mind you guys, the other people there on the top are deserving and have earned them the hard way !!!

Let's not play dirty games here ... let's use this for a good reason.

Thanks Neha and Michael, for raising this issue.

Cheers,

Sunil

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did someone already report this to sdn@sap.com?

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marilyn is on top of this..

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the SDN t-shirts are just lovely, and the people that earn them "the right way" are truly deserving.

Those genuine contributors who reach 3,000 points (looks at Michael) should be awarded an Armani suit

On the other hand, the people that clutter up the forums with useless posts and waste everybody's time by trying to answer redundant questions should be banned and sent a t-shirt that appropriately says "I'm with stupid".

Have a nice day.

JD

Former Member
0 Kudos

And another thing. Working with John, I don't want to wear my SDN shirt to work as he will make fun of me as their currency has dropped (and the fact it doesn't really cover me). It's not fair there isn't a corpulent fat pig size and I doubt (when I get to 3000 points) that Armani have a bulk size.

Perhaps its time to can the shirts altogether and just rely on those poeple who actually enjoy sharing info and helping others.

Gareth