cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WM Cutover

khurram_barakzai
Participant
0 Kudos

It is intended to implement SAP WM module at my company.

For the cut-over activities, is it possible to create a warehouse on the existing storage location with material stock?

i intend to adopt the following procedure

- issue the existing stock of all materials to a cost center

- send the transport for WM onto the PRD server

- extend WM views on the target materials

- create the storage bins for material placement in the system

- reverse the material issue document to bring the stock back

- place it in the relevant storage bin

Experts, I would like to inquire if the above mentioned procedure is ok?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is one of the possible solutions for cutover.

You will need to create settings in WM/IM interface for movement type - reversal of post to cost center in order to tell WM what to do with the materials being received in warehouse by that movement type.

Also, your storage location must be put under warehouse number (assign SLoc to WhNum) after cost center issue and before the cost center issue reversal.

So the answer is yes, but you will only need to change one thing in your approach, you need to deploy WM settings on production server (release requests with all the WM settings) AFTER you post the mat.doc. for cost center.

Although it is possible to do what you want, it is a practice to use a new storage location for WM. But your solution is perfectly valid if you want to keep your SLoc.
Also, most of the time we can use movement types 561 and 562 for the inital stock upload, or move the stock to a new fictional SLoc and then after deploying WM settings on PROD we just post Sloc to Sloc - movement type 311. So basically any approach that suits you best is OK to go with.

Hope this helps.