cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost rates maintained in ERP system and cost elements from PPM 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I will appreciate it if  you could help me with this subject below.

I want to search in ERP system what cost rates are maintained for each approved worked hour in PPM system. But, I do not know where should I look for this.

I take a look on the report of the created internal order:

You can see, that the actual posting of 25.000 is booking in the ERP PROD system on cost element IT-HOURS

When I display the booked working times I find 5 Hours taht I booked on my personnel number on Internal Order :

I want to know where in the system  is  maintained the cost rate that calculates automatically the 5 hours booked on cost element IT-HOURS to 25.000 . So each hour costs 5.000. I want to change the amount of each hour from 5000 to 50. 

I’m not an ERP expert so I don’t know where such rate can be maintained in ERP. I need your expert help!

Thanks a lot,

Ruxandra P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruxandra!

You have to change the rate for combination of sender costcenter and activity type. As I can see from the screenshot you have used the activity type "IT01".

A good starting point is transaction code KP26 in ERP system to change the rates.

Nevertheless it depends also on customizing of acitity types and CO, if actual rates are calculated or not.

Regards,

Peter

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Meanwile I discovered this transaction! And you are correct with transaction KP26.

But what I would like more now will be to understand why is this amount maintained there. Beacuse it not help me for what I need.

Or maybe I still do not have a logical understanding of this field/amount.

We used to thought that this costs are maintained in ERP on roles (I'm reffering at defined roles in PPM) . We have defined different roles with cost type, activity type and cost element.

This below is one role from my structure and, on this structure we maintain different prices/hour for each role.

Role type: Z001

Role Name: It Project Manager

Cost Type: Z_PM

activity Type: IT-PM

cost element: IT-Projmag

And I want to know how could I customize this activity types and what would need to be done more in CO, to be sure that this rates are calculated as they supposed to be.

Thanks for your reply!

Kind regards,

Ruxandra.

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruxandra!

You have to distinguish plan costs from actual costs. By doing time confirmation (e.g. via CATS) on your internal order the system posts actual costs.

Using the Role concept of PPM (role-based or task-based) you are dealing (generally spoken) with plan costs. Derived from your entry message I suppose you are already using accounting integration.

Accounting Integration is a big topic, that is very difficult to generally describe in a posting. Please have a look to the general information in help.sap.com => General Information About Accounting Integration - SAP Portfolio and Project Management - SAP Librar...

Please beware: There are many accounting integration scenarios, therefore there are several aspects and places to maintain cost/revenu rates. On the PPM UI you have the possibility to maintain differing cost/revenu-rates per role/task.The rates in general (plan and actuals) are maintained in KP26.

Also have a look to your business partner (role-based scenario), if there is a cost/revenu rate.

For time confirmation you can have a look to PA30 => infotype 0315 for your CATS suggestion values (activity type, costcenter, etc...).

Please come back with any detailed questions, you would like to have answered.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans-Peter,

Thank you for these very interesting posts.

We are exactly facing the same issues.

If I understand well, cost and revenue rates from PPM are used to manage plan costs in PPM. So when we customize them, it will be more for PPM purposes.

In the other hand, we can within the ERP system rate for actual costs for activities in KP26. When activities are entered within CATS transaction, the number of units (hours / days) is mutiplied by the rate defined in KP26 and we obtain actual cost.

Through PPM / ERP integration we manage to get actual costs from ERP into PPM. So we are happy from this side.

Anyway our question is : why is there such a transaction in ERP customizing menu for PPM (transaction FINR3_CPROJECTS_CUST)

Path : Collaboration Projects / Controlling / Assign Cost Elements and Activity Types

Why does SAP proposes to associate a cost / revenue rate from PPM to an activity in SAP ERP like in the example attached.

With all the elements gathered for up to now, we don't understand the use of such an information.

Can you provide us with some elements of answer ?

Thank you for your help.

Cassoké & Yves

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

As suggested, first step is to go to KP26 T-code, input the following:

Version, From Period, To Period, Fiscal Year, Cost Center and Activity type.

you will find here the cost for each hour, ERP calculates the labor cost wrt the labor hours on the confirmation multiplied with the value maintained under KP26.

Hope this is helpful, let us know if any issue.

thanks